Chapter 01

Date Written: February 07, 2015

Date edited: April 1st, 2015 (April Fools bishes)

^^swipe for a more clear version of the cover, you newbies >;3^^

He held me tightly and shifted to where our foreheads were touching. Kaneki looked at me and looked at a syringe. A syringe.

"Kaneki? W-what are you doing? Stop!" I yelled as he held up the syringe. A white flash flashed on Kaneki's cheek. He's crying.

His face was red and puffy as more tears streamed down his delicate face.

"(F-F/N) . . . I can't explain a lot . . . b-but I'm doing this so you won't get hurt . . ." Kaneki said lightly. His voice was cracking, trying not to break into sobs.

Kaneki brought the needle up to my arm and I smacked it away defensively.

"What the actual fuck are you trying to do, Kaneki! What's even in that needle?! You're acting like I'm going to die from it when you're the one trying to inject me with it!" I yelled.

Kaneki smiled lightly. His smile made my heart skip a beat, especially in this kind of situation. Kaneki reached over and touched my face softly.

"(F/N), please don't fight this," he said. More tears streamed down his soft face and I nodded.

In all honesty, I've never been a big fan of needles, so I'm just going to smack it away anyways.

"So then . . . what's in the needle . . ." I asked quietly.

"In this needle is . . ." he stopped speaking, placing the needle in my arm, making me internally scream. He injected the strange liquid inside me. I could feel the strange liquid running through my veins.

"Ken . . . what was in that . . ." I said. My head started pounding and it felt as if life was flashing before my eyes.

"In that needle . . . was a medicine. That'll make you forget everything since you met me," Kaneki said before finally letting out a sob. I tried to widen my eyes in surprise, but the headache coursing through my head is paralysing my face.

"It's erasing all of the memories we've had together. All the fun times. You'll remember events that have occurred, but the events with me are now disappearing," Kaneki said, holding his forehead against mine. He caressed my cheeks softly and planted a kiss on them.

The dark alleyway me and Kaneki had just been in was slowly fading. The buildings around me slowly faded to where I was in utter darkness with just Kaneki's arms around me.

"Why . ." I managed to say.

"(F/N)," his voice was slowly fading. "I love you. Oh dear god I love you with all my heart. It's paining me to even be doing this, I shouldn't have done this, I could've had a better resolution . . ."

His voice was fading quickly and my conscious was quickly slipping into the hands of darkness.

"(F/N), I love you. I love you so much. We shall meet again, and I will make you fall in love with me again . . ."

And that's when I slipped. The sensation I'm feeling is like you're falling. I'm falling. I put my knees up to my chest and hug them tightly.

I feel as if I'm forgetting something important. I lay down in the empty darkness. Darkness is the only thing that surrounds me.

Why?

This word echoed in my head.

Why did he do that?