the first time she stays the night

Soojin kept her arm wrapped around your waist as she helped you from the bathroom and into your room. You took your time getting there, feet padding across the carpeted floor slowly. You felt weak and your stomach was sensitive. The sick feeling occasionally came back but faded away quickly, much to your relief since you just spent the last few agonizing minutes emptying your stomach.

"Okay," Soojin whispered softly and moved her hand from your waist and to your back instead where her fingers brushed softly against your clammy skin. "Here we are, baby. In your cozy bed."

You climbed into bed without a word and went to lay down, only for her to stop you.

"Soojin," you whined. After being so sick, you were exhausted and wanted nothing more than to curl up under your blankets and sleep.

"I know you're tired. I just think we should change your shirt real quick. You're sweating a little."

She put her hand on your forehead again, despite knowing you weren't gonna be feverish. It was just a terrible case of food poisoning from the dinner you shared tonight. But still, she hated seeing you suffer, and knowing that you felt miserable broke her heart.

She went to your closet and grabbed one of her shirts she let you steal from her. Her scent lingered on it and it'd bring you some comfort tonight.

She helped you out of your dirty shirt and helped pull the new one over your head. She tossed the other one into your basket of dirty clothes and then helped you lay on your back, ever so gently.

She tucked you in under your blanket. She brought it to your chin and then lightly caressed your cheek for a moment before she pulled back and kissed your forehead.

"I should get going, baby,"

Your eyes had closed at her touch but now flew open as the words left her lips. You took her hand and wrapped your fingers around hers tightly, to make sure that she couldn't walk away.

"Please don't go."

"You're sure?"

"Yeah. I really need you to hold me and cuddle me tonight."

She cracked a small smile and then crawled into bed beside you and as soon as her back was against the mattress, you were rolling into her arms and laying your head on her chest. She instinctively laid her hand on your back, under your shirt, so she could draw little shapes onto your skin as you began to relax.

"Are you cold?"

You were hogging all the blankets right now and didn't want her to get cold. It was a sweet thought, one that made your girlfriend smile as she stared down at you. But she shook her head and dropped a kiss to your temple.

"No, baby. I'm okay, don't worry. I'm content right here with you in my arms." She explained and watched you drift off to sleep in her embrace for the very first time.

But the longer she laid there in your bed, holding you so close, she couldn't help but hope this was the first of many. That there would be more nights like these. Well, nights like these without you being so sick.

She thought you'd fallen asleep since your breathing was steadier now. So she spoke all the words on her mind.

"You're just so amazing." She whispered, gazing down at you with the most loving look in her eyes. "I'm sorry you're so sick. I know our plans for the night got ruined because of that but I have to admit that I like these moments with you more than some movie or a walk through the park. I'd rather be right here with you, my girl, for as long as I can be."

She planted a lingering kiss on your head and then closed her eyes. But you took her by surprise with a sweet little chuckle falling from your lips.

"You're the amazing one, Soojin," you whispered softly. "Thanks for staying with me. Goodnight."

She held you a little tighter now and knew that she was in for one of the best nights of sleep of her life so far. With a warm feeling in her heart, you in her arms for hours to come, and sweet dreams about you.