when you cry from a bad dream (requested)

The sound of whimpers falling from your lips beside her awoke Soojin from her light sleep.

She hasn't been sleeping for long, probably an hour or so.

It's been a rough night as far as getting sleep goes, so when she first started to drift off to sleep a little while ago she swore that she would just sleep all through the night no matter what.

But something seems wrong with you and sleep isn't nearly as important to Soojin as you are.

So, worriedly, she sat up as you continued to whimper and whine in your sleep.

She reached over to turn on the light and she was surprised to find sweat rolling down your forehead as you pleaded in your sleep.

"Oh, my sweet girl. You're having a bad dream." She said as she scooted over to you.

She gently put her hand on your shoulder, hoping that her soft and comforting touch would awake you from that terrible dream.

But it wasn't enough.

You continued to plea with someone in your dreams, begging for them not to hurt you, and this caused Soojin's heart to sink.

And it wasn't just pleas and whines that fell from your lips that had her feeling so concerned.

It was the tears falling down your cheeks, as well.

Whatever you were dreaming about was scaring you to the point that you were crying in your sleep.

Soojin just wanted to pull you into her arms and hold you close to remind you that you were safe and secure.

"Y/N? Y/N, wake up, darling." Soojin softly spoke as she shook your shoulder. "You're having a nightmare. Wake up."

And after a few long and worrying seconds, you finally opened your eyes.

You jumped as you awoke, panting to catch your breath as Soojin brushed the few strands of hair sticking to your forehead from sweat on your skin away.

After a moment you caught your breath and your heartbeat slowed, returning to normal.

You looked at Soojin, who was softly rubbing your forehead. You parted your lips to speak, only for Soojin to stop you by shushing you.

You felt thankful for that, as you couldn't seem to find your voice, anyway.

"I'm here, baby. I'm here." She said as she pulled you into her arms.

You clung to her tightly, sniffling as you tried to hold back your tears as your mind wandered back to the nightmare you had.

It was horrible.

Soojin mentally debated on whether or not she should ask you about what your terrible dream was about, but she thought you'd answer her with a no.

But she didn't have to ask.

You felt comfortable enough in her arms and presence to open up to her about it all.

"Someone tried to hurt me." You mumbled. "They tried to hurt you too. I tried to stop them, I tried to help, I tried to run but it was like it was in slow-motion. They caught up to me. I thought it was real. It felt so real!"

"Okay, my love, but it wasn't real. Neither of us is hurt. I'm okay, you're okay, everything is fine. Look around, baby. You're safe in my embrace. There's no one here but us. It's okay."

You closed your eyes and exhaled shakily, finding comfort as she held you close; comfort you desperately needed after a dream like that.

"It was so scary." You mumbled against her neck, burying your face there.

"I bet it was. It sounds scary." She said as she kissed your head. "But it was only a nightmare. So try and calm down for me. Everything is okay. Take a deep breath. I've got you and there's no way that I'm letting anyone hurt you."

You held onto her a little tighter as she rubbed your back.

"Please tell me I didn't wake you." You mumbled against her skin.

You did, but she'd never tell you that.

"You didn't, darling." She softly spoke. "Don't think about anything. Don't worry about anything. Just focus on me. I love you."

"I love you more, Soojin."

She shook her head, wanting to tell you that was impossible with how much she loves you.

But she let you win... for now.

"Please keep holding me." You spoke against her skin. "Don't let me go."

"I'm not going to let you go." She promised. "I'll hold you for however long you need me to. I'll stay up with you as long as you need me to. Whatever helps you forget all about that terrible dream and reminds you that you're safe and sound with me, I'll do it."

You cracked a small smile before closing your tired eyes, starting to forget all about that awful dream.

"As long as you hold me, I've got all I need."

She put her head on yours and smiled a little, always happy to know that she's helping you feel better when you need it most.