"Angie, if it is because of what I did that you're making this decision, I swear that I will never interfere again. It was a mistake."

"It is not because of you, I just didn't like the environment. It was nice until getting real, but it was not like what I imagined it would be." She sadly spoke while looking down at the half-eaten croissant.

"Perhaps if you just try another production you-"

"I don't want to try again." She firmly stated, sharply looking inside his eyes.

After a tense moment, her eyes softened and she averted her gaze, muttering at her father, "Can you leave me alone now? Please?"

Alexander nodded with a sigh and got up, returning the chair to its place before kissing Angelica's forehead once again and lingering there for a moment when he murmured, "I love you."

"I know you do... And sorry for yelling at you that day. And getting so mad... And ignoring you for so long..."

"It's okay, Angie," He delivered another gentle kiss before stepping back, "And try not to eat all of those croissants, the sugar will keep you awake until God knows when if you do."

She tilted her head with a smile, saying with a singing voice, "Well, I'll tryyyyy..."

Her father wished her goodnight and closed the door after he left, the girl sighing right after. She looked down at the croissant in her hand. The soft bun with cream and sliced strawberries stuffing the inside, the powdered sugar sprinkled on top... She wondered how much weight she would gain if she ate all of those. The girls at the theater were so beautiful... Perhaps if she lost a couple of pounds she could be as well.

She shook her head violently at the weird thought and finished eating her croissant, leaving the two others for breakfast, before putting the plate at the side table. She then jumped from bed to get herself ready to sleep, rubbing her fingers from any sugar that remained in them. Once undressed, she looked at her body reflected in the mirror and turned around a bit. She noted every imperfection and then forced herself to look away, pulling her sleeping gown over her head and blowing off the candles on her way back to bed.

Finally, under the covers, she sighed and looked up at the ceiling, thoughts invading her mind as she attempted to sleep. She didn't know why all of a sudden she became so insecure about herself, about her appearance, about her skills, her personality...

It all started the day she found out she wasn't chosen to that play by her talent, but by her father's status. Did she actually have any talent at all? People said she did, but they could just be lying to please her.

She even wondered if people internally rolled their eyes whenever she started to ramble without notice. Maybe she could try to be a bit less of a chatterbox. Did her friends actually like her? Or they were just nice because she was Philip's sister? By now she already got used to being called dumb behind her back... But was it really her fault if she wasn't as fast-thinking as other people? She liked to believe it was part of her charm, but now she wondered if people always made a fool of her on purpose because of that. Because she couldn't take care of herself without someone guiding her?