006

I froze.

"Sir?"

I feel this terrible pit in my stomach and I struggle to find words.

"Are you there, sir??"

"Uh- yeah I'll be right th-there.." , I fumble and sit on my bed as tears roll down my eyes.

I don't know what to do. I know I should go to him, but Melanie is alone.

I immediately grab my phone amd call Jane and explain her the situation. Thankfully, she understands and agrees to make her way to my house.

All the while, I pace around my house, still scared and agitated about Mr Perawat .

I hope he's fine. He has to be fine!!!

Please be fine...

I can't stop crying. I just want to go see him right now!

The doorbell rings and I see it's Jane through the peephole.

"Thank you-"

"It's alright. Hurry.", she says, hugging me.

I drive my car as fast as I can to the hospital and reach there soon enough. I'm sure I crossed the speed limit but I couldn't afford to care about that now.

I am directed to the intensive care unit where he's been admitted.

"Hey hey hey, I'm Mr Krist Perawat's family. How is he, doctor??", I ask the doc who was just coming out of the chamber.

"Some minor fractures and a splenic injury. But he has lost a lot of blood. We need a donor"

"Ha-have you found one?"

"Not yet. It's difficult to find a donor who's O-. But we're trying our best", the doctor proceeds to walk away but I stop him.

"Wait wait wait doc, Im O-", I say, almost loosing my breathe, "I can be the donor"

"Amazing", the doctor smiles, "let's get you checked up then. C'mon"

~

After checking my blood reports, they declare that I'm healthy enough to donate blood to Mr Perawat.

But when they ask me about his family for the details necessary to fill in the form, I have no idea what to say.

I don't know whom to call or contact.
I learned from the police that Mr Perawat has a sister but her phone is unreachable.

Having no other option, I desperately tell them that I'm his cousin.

I call Violet and she informs me about the various details of Mr Perawat  that are needed.

After the formalities are all done, they take me to the room Mr Perawat is in.

I lie down on the bed next to him and the nurses start the blood transfer.

In order to distract myself since I'm scared of needles, I turn my face to the side and I happen to look at Mr Perawat's face, which was half covered by the oxygen mask.

Seeing him all pale and motionless,  I feel a pinch in my chest that I cannot put a finger on.

I just want him to open his eyes. Even yell at me, for God's sake.

He's just my boss and I shouldn't be so worried about him. But the tears in my eyes keep falling and I am unable to stop them.

~