Chapter 19-Sophie

"It had to be pink," Keefe grumbled.

Sophie turned.

He swatted his hand through the pink light he was bathed in.

"Be respectful," Biana chided, "Pink is an amazing color."

"Oh, I'm not saying that it's not," Keefe assured her, "I just really wish I got a cool color, like Foster. Red is way cooler. Pink might be amazing," he coughed, "to you—but it's not cool."

Biana punched him in the arm.

"Yeesh, girls are abusive!"

Dex muttered, "Tell me about it."

Sophie rolled her eyes.

She pointed to the crown in Keefe's hand.

The pink colored jewel cast a small spotlight on the ground in front of them. Typical colors of an Empath, though he'd definitely seemed happy when it didn't turn a weird color like his weird ability.

"Can you please put that on?"

Keefe smirked. "I'm gonna rock the princess tiara," He informed them.

The groan from Biana was all too audible.

Everyone sighed, knowing what was coming next.

Keefe grinned, obviously knowing that he was about to create a murder scene.

"How many times do I have to tell you that a tiara and a crown are different?" 

"How many times do I have to tell you that this is a tiara?" Keefe mimicked her voice perfectly.

Biana disappeared—then reappeared behind Keefe—and smacked him. 

Keefe yelped. "Stop! Stop the abuse! What did I do to deserve this?"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "You decided to be you, like always."

"Need I remind you, Lady Fos-Boss, that I didn't trip going up the steps outside?"

Everyone snickered.

Sophie blushed.

"Look, you try wearing heels that are four inches too tall and two inches too thin and see if you can manage to walk normally."

Keefe looked offended. "How dare you! I can walk perfectly fine in my heels!" He stood on his tip toes, which made him about two inches taller than normal, and strutted ahead of them.

"Always an experience with Keefe," Wylie muttered. Sophie blew out a breath.

"Try living in the same house."

"I heard that, Foster!" Keefe called from ahead of them.

"I swear—" Sophie growled under her breath.

"Don't swear, Foster!"

I'll murder him, Sophie thought.

Ever since she had refused to tell him about the agreement in Telepathy, he had gone out of his way to be as annoying as possible.

"I'm not that annoying," Keefe said. The pout in his voice was very evident.

"When did you become a Telepath?" She asked, exasperated.

Keefe walked backwards, facing them with a grin.

"I'd be the best Telepath, better than even Fitzy!" He said. "Maybe not as good as our Lady Fos-Boss, here, but close."

Biana and Stina groaned. "Can we please throw Keefe out the window?"

Dex brightened—literally, his glow brightened.
"Yes, please!"