44: The Last Step

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure?" Camila questioned once more.

"Positive. You make my day better even though it was never bad. Now come on I have a surprise for you." Lauren said smiling. She was ready. It was now. They walked up the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Glass of wine for you." Lauren smiled. She poured herself a glass and walked them into the living room. She noticed everyone was sitting chatting.

"Everyone! Can I have your attention!" She yelled over the voices.

"What are you doing?" Camila mumbled.

"Something I should have done a while ago." She smiled before stepping forward. "Family friends. I'm glad to be back. But I have a small announcement." She smiled looking at Ally then back at Camila. She set her drink down before pulling out her speech. "Most of you know I've never been good with words so." She laughed slightly.

"It was September. Maybe August. Yeah. Late August early September did I start my senior year as a soccer player in highschool. I was the head guru the fat head at my school. The one everyone looked up to. That kid. That girl who freshman feared for absolutely no reason. I also was well, a player. I'll admit I did my girl hopping. I never really want to be tied down. Luckily I wasn't called a slut. Thank God for that. I had my issues from anger to being intersex but I never let that hold me back. It was exactly September 18th 2014. 5:15 pm did I sit in the locker room getting dressed to go home after a long practice. I watched my surroundings and my eyes fell on some weird brown eyed girl staring at me from across the room. She blushed looking down knowing she'd been caught. She was our team assistant. Now I never really talked to this girl but I had a clear conscience about her knowing she was a junior taking all senior classes. She was seventeen and her name was Camila. I wanted to get close to her but just enough to see if I wasn't mistaken. So I called. "The team assistant will wash our practice jerseys." I watched as everyone threw there dirty sweaty stinky jersey at her rather than in the bin. Her arch rival at the time and my some what of a girlfriend at the time Normani was talking mean to her but Camila laughed it off. Then our mutual friend Dinah tossed her jersey at the girl and laughed about it with her. It was my turn. I pulled the sweaty jersey off and walked over to her with my slow cool stride and was instantly hit with a wave of butterflies. She was so fucking gorgeous. Yes I said that to myself once I met her blushing face. "Here." I said easily handing her my jersey. She blushed and took it. As I walked away I knew I was going to like her. As a friend of course but as a girlfriend hell yeah." Lauren laughed along with the Crowd of people. "We started texting and talking but I was afraid. Afraid of my reputation being ruined. Yes I was that shallow. But something told me just keep her close. So I did. It was Paris when I found out I had to do something about my feelings. So...I did. I kissed her. The kiss was perfect. Magical even. I instantly knew. She's the one. As my life went on I ended up dating this weird brown eyed girl named Camila. My life went down hill multiple times but she was there to help me get back up the hill. She was there when my little sister who is now back with us ran away even though she didn't run far. To our grandparents house to be exact. She was there when my family fell apart. She was there when I almost died. She was always there. Even when I told her to fuck off or even don't come back. She came back. Even when I dated someone else. She found her way back. We went through so much as a couple from her being pregnant to her loosing our first kid. From me going to rehab to her finding someone else. But when we reconnected something told me I want to marry this girl. But we'd been so on and off and on and off I was afraid to commit. But someone wise once said to me does it matter the amount of time someone's been together. If they love each other so much should it matter? Well I sure as hell Love Camila." Lauren smiled looking back at her girlfriend. She grabbed her hands.

"I really do love you. I really really do and so does my family. Your family loves me, I hope right Alejandro?" Lauren smiled looking at Camila's dad who lifted his glass.

"Quit stalling Jauregui." He called out making the crowd laugh. Lauren noticed the single tear going down Camila's face. Lauren got down on one knee and pulled out a small black box.

"Karla Camila Cabello will you do me the honors in making me the happiest woman ever and be my wife? If you say no I'll wait a few seconds and ask again." Lauren joked.

"Yes!" Camila laughed hitting Lauren's shoulder softly. She gasped at the ring smiling at how perfect it was. Lauren wrapped Camila in her arms spinning her and kissing her softly.

"Let's party!" Lauren yelled. The crowd rejoiced and Chris turned up the music as both the cuban families joined together dancing.

---
"Fiancé." Lauren smirked. "Fiancé." She smiled again. "Fiancé. Fiancé. Fi-fucking-ancé." She laughed.

"You're gonna love calling me wife then huh?" Camila joked laying beside her.

"Hell yeah." Lauren answered.

"Well I love it. And you."

"I love you too"
----
THAAAAAATS IT. ❤️

I decided to write a small and shorty Epilogue into the sequel. Stay tuned kiddies ❤️