Chasing Cars

Hello. For a better experience, turn on Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Thanks.😊
—————————-

"Jane Doe. Found unconscious at the scene. Seems to have slit her wrists."

"That's Meredith," Owen yelled, quickly leading her through the doors.
"Get her to trauma room 3! Stat! She made need a neuro consult. Not Dr. Shepherd!" Bailey commanded.

"Who found her?" Owen asked.
"I did!" Lexie said trying to catch her breathe, "I went to her house to check on her cause Derek's surgery ran long and I found her. Please help her!"

"What do we have?" Derek asked not knowing it was Meredith.

"Get him out."

"You paged neuro, you got me. So what do we have?" Derek asked looking up. Oh my god. I left her I knew I should've stayed home but I got called in for an emergency surgery."

"Derek, slow down. Just get out. We will help Meredith but I can't with your 'Please fix the love of my life' eyes." Bailey said.

Derek stepped out. Leaving Owen, Bailey and Richard to work on her. Along with a few nurses and a few residents.

2 hours later
They were all in Mer's room.
Lexie fell asleep on Mark's shoulder, Callie and Arizona sat on the couch. Alex sat in one chair along with Christina in the other. Derek sat next to Mer. Richard and Bailey had surgeries so they only checked in. And April and Jackson were getting food for everyone.

"She might not have any brain function left." Christina said tearing up.
"Please Mer. Wake up. We need you." Alex continued.

Meredith's POV
I was in this place. It looked familiar. Then I realized. It was the weird afterlife place I was in when I drowned. Except, no one was here. Not Denny. Not Dylan. Not Doc. Not Bonnie. No one. I started to walk out.
"Why the hell am I here?" She mumbled.

"That's a good question." Mer heard someone say. She hadn't heard that voice in forever.

"Why are you here Meredith?" George asked.

"George!" Meredith quietly yelled and hugged him.

"You didn't answer my question. Meredith, why are you here?"