Chapter 4

Chapter 4 is dedicated to gloomcloud19

Thank you for your support ❤

---------------------------------------

After about an hour, Kevin pulled up at a huge three story house. Music was blaring on the inside and outside. The lawn was littered with red cups, other garbage and various pieces of clothing. People were all over the place drinking, dancing, throwing up and kissing.

The others finally reached and pulled up beside us. Thanks to Kevin and his breakneck speed, we had arrived first. Trey and Melissa stepped out next. She looked excited and tugged Trey into the house, pushing people out of the way.

Callie and her date were the next to exit their car. Demetri's hand was around her neck and her arm was wrapped around his waist. She was cuddling into him. Aw! I think they were going to make a super cute couple. Callie deserved a good guy after what happened three years ago.

"So, you wanna go inside?" Kevin cocked his head in the direction of the house.

"Sure," I said a little breathlessly.

He chuckled and snaked an arm around my neck, pulling me closer to him.

"Come on, it'll be fun. Your first party, right?"

I nodded as we moved closer to the house. When we stepped in, I was hit with the pungent smell of smoke and alcohol. People were moving all over the place bouncing and rubbing against each other to the beat of a song I didn't recognize.

The place was packed, not exactly my ideal Friday night. It felt as if the entire city was here tonight. I guess Ashton's parties really were a big deal after all.

Callie had figured out my book reading plan and snatched my phone. So now I couldn't even escape to go and read.

Kevin pulled me towards the dance floor and started to dance. I followed his lead and ignoring the fact that I probably looked like an offbeat whale, it was surprisingly fun. Soon I was singing along to the songs like I had known them all my life.

I was really enjoying my time with Kevin. He kept me happy and entertained and not once did he leave me to go and dance with another girl.

After a lifetime of singing and dancing I was really parched. He offered to get me something to drink. We weaved our way through the crowd and came to a drinks table. I immediately spotted a bottle of transparent liquid.

I grabbed a red cup from the stack and poured it out.

"Since when do you drink?" Kevin asked, watching me with interest.

"I don't," I said, lifting the cup to my lips and was about to drink when Kevin took the cup from me.

"In that case, I don't think you should have that."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, a little confused.

He motioned to the liquid "What do you think this is?"

"Water."

"This isn't water," he said and then started laughing so hard he was gasping for breath.

"Huh?"

"This is vodka," he said, raising the cup. "Alcohol."

Ohhh.

I forced a smile. "Thanks Kevin."

"It's nothing," he smiled.

A light hue stained my cheeks as he pulled me closer. He was determined to make me enjoy the party.