CH 19: Parted

I'm back! Now we won't be waiting for a long time! And it will be multiple updates as a prize for your patience with my story.

- Wan 
___________________________________________

MEW'S PAST pt.4

Mew was waiting for Glaze like any other weekend. "Why are you late?" Mew questioned the thin air. He didn't know why was his friend late. Mew had so much to tell Glaze. Ever since his step-mother and step-sister had joined the family, Mew couldn't feel happier leaving his house. Even though they had only come into the family half a year ago, Mew knew that they didn't like him. And Glaze was Mew's only support to pull through the whole week. Mew would endure whatever his stepmom did to him just so he could go and see Glaze.

Mew knew that one of the reasons why his stepmom hated him was him being a hermaphrodite. To her, the idea of a boy having periods was just unacceptable. And Mew had no other option but to endure her rants. He couldn't even tell this to his father as the mother-daughter pair would turn sugar-sweet when he was home. But they would be bitter than anything when he was gone. Mew no more liked being in his house. He always had to answer her unwanted questions. Mew's peace was gone. He could no more be comfortable with his family. He missed his mother, but he couldn't cry over it. This new mother of his won't let him. Mew missed his grandma but they won't let him. "Why do you have to care about someone who wasn't even your family?" was what his step-sister would say. What Jenna didn't know was how much that old lady had done for Mew in her last years of life.

Mew was spaced out. He didn't know what to do. He didn't want to return home. Mew had not told Glaze that he was a hermaphrodite. He was afraid that even his only friend would hate him for that. He let his secret be. But maybe one day he would have to tell Glaze about this. What would Glaze's reaction be? He was helplessly in love with his only friend and he couldn't speak about it either. Maybe that happened because Glaze was the only one to calm him down when he needed a calmative. Or maybe it was because Glaze was such a nice person to him.

Mew was lost in his thoughts when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his stomach tightly. He was so familiar with these arms. A smile instantly crept on his face on the touch. He turned to see something he never wished to see. Glaze was crying. Mew got worried, "Glaze, what happened?" Mew was hugging the crying kid tightly to pacify him. But Glaze didn't seem to be fine enough to say anything. "Doughnut!" Glaze cried. Mew kissed his head, "Your doughnut is right here. I'm right here"

Glaze looked at the older, "I'm sorry. Doughnut..." Mew didn't understand why was he crying and moreover, what was Glaze sorry about? "Can you please tell Doughnut what happened? You know I don't like your tears," Mew was getting more and more worried by every passing tear from Glaze's eyes. "Dad said that we have to move away," Glaze stated.

Didn't we promise to stick together? Mew was unable to speak. His world just shattered into a million pieces. Now he would not have a reason to wait for weekends anymore. Why did out of everyone else Glaze have to be the one to leave him next? He wanted to cry and riot against it. But Mew also knew that crying won't help as this was his parents' decision. All Mew could understand properly from this situation was... his life support was leaving him. But he couldn't be weak right now. He had to strong for the little boy he loved so much.

Mew hugged Glaze tight and kept on pacifying his love. "It's going to be fine," Mew said with a broken heart. Glaze yelled at him, "How is it okay!? I'm leaving and we can't meet anymore! How can you be fine!?" Mew had never seen this side of his Nong. "I know that it hurts... But we can't do anything, right?" Mew said. Glaze just nodded, his head still digging into his Doughnut's chest.

"Promise me that you will keep writing me letters," Mew held out his pinky finger. Glaze looked at Mew's eyes for the first time today. Glaze saw how Mew was fighting with the hurt in his heart just to comfort him. His eyes could not lie like his mouth did. Glaze saw how sad his Doughnut was in his eyes but his smile was saying otherwise. At that moment Glaze wanted to be strong for the man in front of him who was also being strong just for his sake. He stopped crying.

"You won't forget me, right Doughnut?" Glaze asked. Mew smiled, "I can forget anybody in this world but you." How could Mew forget the most beautiful part of his life? He had no reason to forget him. Mew kissed his forehead again, "Just keep writing me letters. You know my address." Glaze nodded. "Now go home, it's getting late," Mew said and ushered the younger to leave. That was their last 'Goodbye'.

Mew was a crying mess. His tears were flowing after so many years. The last time he cried, Glaze was the one to pacify him. And this time, Glaze was the reason he cried.

When Mew reached home, his stepmom welcomed him so heartily. He knew his dada was home that night. Why else would she even face such a 'disgrace to the human race'? "Mew, what happened to you?" his father asked worriedly. Mew shook his head, "Nothing. I'll go to my room. I'm not hungry." Mew's voice was breaking. His father was worried for him but Mew said that something got in his eyes.

Th moment Mew entered his room, he locked the door and pounced on his bed. He pushed his face in the pillow to muffle his cries. He didn't want anyone to hear him crying. After some time he got off his bed and took out the t-shirt he once let Glaze borrow. He cried holding the piece of cloth and fell asleep.

Glaze sure had not forgotten about his Doughnut even after being apart. He would write letters to Mew. Always addressing him as his doughnut. He would send little presents for Mew on his birthday. And the older was contented by this.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

One more part of Mew's memories left and then we'll go back to GulfMew.

Please vote and comment.

- Wan <3