CH 2: Regret It?

To all of the readers,

Thank you so much for boosting my confidence yesterday by adding this story to you reading lists and voting for this story.

-Wan<3

______________________________________________________

Mew was furiously walking out of the building. Everyone who passed by him could not believe if it was the same Mew they knew for five years. Nobody had ever seen Mew in this state. He was always an easy to approach guy, but today he treated everyone around like air. 

"Hey! Mew!" Yibo greeted him. Only now did Mew take a halt. They were standing in the ground floor lobby. Mew just clenched his jaw and looked at Yibo. Yibo was Gulf's only friend, this is why Mew respected him. At least there was someone else who knew of Gulf's normal side and not just the business face. "Anything wrong?" Yibo asked.

YIBO'S POV...

"Anything wrong?" I asked Mew. He looks stiffer than usual. He seems like he's gonna punch the hell out of anybody who approaches him. Mew exhaled heavily trying to calm down, I guess, and then closed his eyes tight as he turned his face to me. "Nothing, sir. I am just, you know... kind of... excited. You see, I got a little vacation," He told. 

Okay... So now, Gulf isn't someone who would let Mew have a vacation. He hates it when Mew is not around in the office. The last time Mew got a vacation, Gulf behaved like a literal demon. Gulf even scared his own father away. Mew is the only one who can keep Gulf stick to being a human. And right now, Mew is fuming with anger and... Is it disappointment and irritation in his eyes? Yeah, but... 

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. Did Gulf confess to him? 

If that is the reason, I think I underestimated Mew. I never imagined Mew to be this angry. I just thought that he would reject Gulf and maybe give him the cold shoulder. But never this angry. 

My friend seems to have fucked up big time.

Mew bowed to me and stormed off like a tornado, out of the building. I should go check on Gulf.

***GULF'S OFFICE***

YIBO'S POV... 

When I reached here, Wan seemed disheartened. I don't know what happened to her. "Mr Wang!" Wan called in a formal tone as she bowed. I just nodded. "Is the CEO in his cabin?" I asked and she just nodded nervously. "Then I'll go see him. Do notify if he's got any appointment," I said as I walked in.

Gulf was sitting in his chair, frozen. He seemed to be shocked. Must be the 'Mew Effect'. Damn it Wang Yibo! your friend's sad and you're thinking of lame jokes. What did Mew say to him that he's looking like a lost child? I was still standing at the door, absorbing the scene in front of me as much as I could. Everything in this room seemed to be frozen.

When I walked to his desk, I noticed tears on his face. He was crying, but silently. I squatted down, "Care to talk?". He looked at me and hugged me tightly before bursting into tears. 

Hearing the commotion, Wan came to check. Gulf didn't seem to have noticed her, he was way too busy shedding tears. She seemed shocked too. I don't blame her though, anyone would be shocked to see this block of ice crying like this. She seemed to understand and shut the door as she left. My eyes drifted back to my crying friend. 

"He's mad at me!" Gulf said between sobs. I caressed his back. "He won't resign, will he?" now he is scared to lose Mew. Gulf seemed to like Mew the moment he laid his eyes on the man five years ago. Gulf loves Mew like crazy but he also respects him. Gulf knows only as much information about Mew as Mew ever told him. Gulf doesn't want to seem like an obsessive rich man who could do anything to have Mew. He wants Mew to tell about himself and not dig it up. He really is different from others.