Chapter 8 (Whispering Past - Part 2)

Start from the beginning

But it was pretty simple, nothing flashy like ours... I didn't know whether it was a good thing or not. "Let's check in." Jennie leaded the way through the front door.

We entered as the receptionist greeted us. "Ah, three beautiful young girls. How may I help you?" the receptionist was an old lady! Talk about her devotion for her work...

Jisoo spoke with her low tone... "U-Um, do you happen to know (Y/N)?" Huh, epic grammar, Unnie.

He told us to wait before he flipped the thick book in front of him, revealing sea of names. He kept looking for his name while mumbling his name quietly.

"Is his name (Y/N) (L/N)?" instead of giving him an answer directly, we only exchanged look at each other... none of us knew his full name, so...

We nodded... without even knowing who he was. If only Chaeyoung told us more, maybe we could nod surely. "His room is on the third floor, number 47." We thanked the receptionist and headed toward the designated room.

"43, 44, 45, 46..." we kept looking for his room until we saw the number "47" at the end of the hall. "47, there!" I accidentally shouted, earning "sshhh" from Jisoo and Jennie.

"We might want to keep 'attract too much attention' from happening, please?" Jennie slapped on my mouth, muffling me before she pulled both me and Jisoo closer to the room.

Without hesitation, Jennie knocked the door while holding her patience. But no answer. She knocked again... still no answer. Geez, don't tell me that this guy really passed out.

Jennie knocked faster before someone answered her knock. "Coming!" and soon, the door flung opened, revealing a guy with a plain shirt, cargo shorts, and a pair of widened eyes.

(Y/N)'s POV

Three girls, in front of my door?! And... Jisoo?! God, what the hell is going on?! You misdirected someone or what?!

And the worst scenario was, they looked serious, and things were too awkward! "I-Is there anything I could help you with?" I tried to melt the tension, only to make it worst.

"S-Sorry, are you (Y/N)?" I just gave them a confirmation by nodding. "So... are you... friends with Chae- I mean Rosie?" the girl with cat eyes cut it short.

My heart sank after hearing her name. But wait, they knew Rosie, Jisoo was here, they were-! Blackpink?! The hell are they doing here?

I wondered if they felt insecure of their identity too. So... "Shall we discuss this inside?" without further delay, they got in and I closed the door.

I made sure I locked it and covered the windows with the curtains. I looked back to see the three looking at me with quizzed look. "W-What's with all this?" the Thai girl sat on the couch next to her 'sisters'.

"Can't let everyone know that Blackpink is actually here, right?" I let out a soft grin as their eyes a little widened. "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I assume that Rosie sent you here."

The mood somewhat tensed once again, filled with awkwardness. "N-No. We went here on our own." Jisoo spoke in her stammering English. "W-We are here to tell you, that Rosé is not bad."

I cringed at the name. Rosé... "Do you know how it feels to have a friend that doesn't trust you ever since you first met her, Jisoo? Hell, forget it. I shouldn't even get involved with someone as big as her." I didn't give a damn anymore...

"We don't, but do you even know why she acted that way to you?" Jennie accidentally snapped at me, and it brought me quite a surprise about the girl's sudden change. "Sorry."