Chapter 10

Me and Dan finally come home and Dan says he can't stay over because he has a lot of homework. I have a lot of homework too so I'm kinda glad that Dan had a lot too. We say goodbye to each other and Dan kisses me on the cheek before walking over to his house. A lot of stuff has happened today. I bet that Dan's still mad at me. I put my head down and frown but then I remember what happened last night and this morning and smile. I walk into my house which is as always, empty. My mum says she's trying to be sober but she obviously isn't if she's going to bars everyday of the week and coming back late at night drunk. I walk upstairs into my room and close the door. I look over at me bedside and see that Dan has left his Maltesers and what appears to be a stuffed animal. I smile. Dan's adorable. I love him so much. I should give these back to Dan before I do anything. I grab the Maltesers and stuffed animal and walk out of my house towards Dan's. I knock on the door expecting his mum or dad to open it but to my surprise it's his little sister. Great, she's just gonna squeal. When she sees me she smiles widely. "Hi, can speak to Dan." She gets a sad look on her face and crosses her arms. "Fine. He's up stairs." She gets out of my way and I go upstairs.

I walk up to Dan's room and the door is closed except for a small crack. I stand up straight. I think I'm going to scare Dan. I kick the door open. "I HAVE A DELIVERY!" I scream trying to be funny. I start to laugh then look down. I drop everything. "D-Dan, don't do it please, don't do it. It's not worth it." I run over in front of Dan. He's not even paying attention to me. "Dan, don't go down this road. Go right not left." Dan looks up, crying. One blade in his hand, his wrist in front of him. He hasn't cut yet. I can tell he was still debating on it before I came in. "Phil." Dan says. "I-I'm scared. I didn't even want to do it. I just picked up a blade and sat down staring at it, then my wrist." He hugs my tightly starting to cry. "Dan, it's ok...you'll be ok, we'll be ok." After a little Dan stops crying but he doesn't let go of me. It's like he wants to hold on and never let go. "I'm sorry." He whispers. "I'm sorry for doing this and getting mad at you for no apparent reason." He puts his and on my cheek. "I love you, love." He says. "I love you too, Mr. Perfect. Always." I pull Dan close to me so we're face to face. I can feel his breathe on my lips. We lean in, meeting each other's lips. After a little we pull away Dan smiling. "Are you sure that you're not Mr. Perfect?" Dan asks. "Far from it." I say. "Oh come, you're amazing." I blush. "Well so are you. "Let's just settle this. We'll be Mr. Perfect and Me. No one knows who Mr. Perfect is or who the me is. It could be either one of us." Dan snorts and starts laughing. I start laughing too. I pick up his blade and stare at it. I look at Dan. "No more." I say. "No more." Dan says back. I smile. "Oh um, the reason why I came over here because I have a delivery for you."
"I think the neighbors could here you scream." Dan laughs and so do I. "But really I do." I walk back over to the door and pick up the Maltesers. "Here. You left your Maltesers and your stuffed animal." Dan blushes. "Keep them." He says. "What?" I ask. Why would Dan give me this stuff? "I said keep it. I want you to have them. It's kind of a way of showing you my affection." Dan smiles. "Thank you." I say. I kiss him. "No problem."
"Well, I need to get back home to doing homework."
"Yeah, me too." Dan says. "At least tomorrow we could go out...like on a date." Dan says. I smile. "A date." I say raising an eyebrow. "Where to?"
"I don't know." Dan says. "How about they new pizza place next to the shopping center." I suggest. "That sounds good." I pick up the stuffed animal. "What's it's name?" I ask. "Your mum." Dan starts laughing. I can't help but laugh too. "Are you 8?" I ask in between hiccups. "But for real what's it's name?" "Well, first off it's a llama, that's a boy but he doesn't really have a name."
"How about Thor?" I say happily. Dan looks over at me with a 'are you kidding me' look. "What? It's cool and manly." I put my arms out. "Thor." I say in a loud whisper. "I like it, his name is Thor. Hello Thor." I say picking him up. "What ever." Dan says. I stand up and grab my new stuff that Dan have given me. I kiss him on the head and he kisses my cheek. "Goodbye!" I say. Dan smiles "Goodbye."