Chapter 7

As soon as I open up the door Dan's eyes go straight to my cuts. I instantly feel guilty. Dan has a terrified look on his face. He stares at me sadly and quickly embraces me. I push him away not wanting his love. I'm still mad at him. Dan gets a even sadder look on his face. He quickly looks down twiddling with his thumbs. "Why?" I say. Dan slowly looks up. "Why would you kiss Caelyn like that?" Ok highly disappointed in Dan. Dan looks up. "What else could I have done?" He says firmly. "You didn-" I'm cut off. "I had no other choice Phil! He puts his hand on his temple. "Nothing. That's what." I just stare at Dan not saying anything shocked by his sudden outburst. Dan looks up with a aggravated face. "Do you honestly think that I would purposely kiss Caelyn the way I did? Phil use common sense! I would NEVER do that to you. She kissed me first. I HAD to kiss her back so that it wouldn't seem like something's up." He looks at me with pleading eyes. "Then break up with her." I say simply staring into Dan's eyes. "I have thinking about that...and I'm going to tomorrow. I'm not gonna come out yet because I'm still too scared." This makes me fill with joy. It shows that Dan still cares for me and he's trying really hard to come out. I hug him tightly. "Thank you." I say into his shoulder. Dan hugs me back putting his head between my neck and shoulder. I do the same to him. We stay there for a little bit. "Come in." I say into his shoulder after a little. He pulls away and smiles.
We walk upstairs into my bedroom. "Thank you." He says. He walks up to me and kisses my cheek. I smile widely. I kiss him back but on the lips. He smiles back. "Sit down" I say. Dan sits down next to me. I sit down next to him. "Phil." Dan says looking into my eyes and intertwining our fingers. "Yes?" I say confused. "Can I, make you a promise?" I look at our hands. What would the promise be? I look back up into his eyes. "Um, yes."
"I want to make you a promise that...I will always protect you. No matter what happens I will protect you and be there for you. If Kyle ever hurts you again, I'll be there, right by your side. I will fight off all of your bad dreams, I'll fight off all of your demons and bullies." Dan says this slowly and firmly staring into my eyes the whole entire time. No one has ever said this to me. Tears start to form in my eyes. Dan's looking at our hands. Squeezing my fingers like a rhythm. "Dan." Dan looks up eyebrows raised. I shake my head smiling. I tackle him. He screams then starts laughing. I'm on top of him pinning down his arms. I'm happier I've ever been. We just stare at each other smiling. God he's handsome. I kiss him. He kisses me back. He holds my cheeks. We pull away. Dan has the widest smile on his face then it goes away. "I'm sorry." He says quietly. I get off of him and we get up so we're sitting in front of each other. I takes my arm and runs his fingers over my fresh wounds. I kissed every single one. He holds my arm just looking at my wrist. I feel a warm, wet drop on my wrist. "I'm so, so sorry for doing this to you." He says looking up. His eyes are red, cheeks wet. I wipe the tears from his cheeks and I cup his face. I stare into his eyes. "It's not your fault. It's my fault. I'm the one who was stupid and decided to do it. I forgive you Dan." He puts his hands over mine. He closes his eyes, with a small smile. "Thank you." He says again. He opens up his eyes again. I put my hand off of his cheek and give him a peck on his lips. "I should be the one saying thank you." I say no in a strand of hair out of his eyes. "Thank you for trying so hard to come out. They might be baby steps but there's still progress and thank you, so much for that." I say getting tears in my eyes. My mum comes home.
Me and Dan get up and walk downstairs. My mum is downstairs sitting on our couch. She looks behind her surprised to see me and Dan. "Well hello." She says standing up. "I'm Kathrine, Phil's mum. You must be Dan." She says smiling. "I'm going out in about 10 minutes so you can stay over for the night if you want." Dan gets a happy expression on his face. "Oh um, thank you. I'll think about it." He says looking over at me. I blush. Dan laughs. "Well, I'm going to go get ready and get out of the work clothes." My mum walks upstairs staring at her phone. "Could I possibly stay over?" Dan says playfully. "Sure but I wouldn't know what we could do." I say sarcastically. "We could play some video games." Dan winks and I laugh. "Do you wanna ask your mum?"
"Um no I just have to go over and get my stuff. She'll be ok with it."
"Even on a school night?"
"Yeah." Dan says like it's something that a regular parent would allow. "Well, ok then."
"Mum I'm going over to Dan's house to get his stuff, he's spending the night!" We walk out of my front door but immediately go back in. Blake's outside walking over to Dan's house. "Shit." Dan says mumbling under his breath. "Um..." I say worried. What are we gonna do? "You know what?" Dan says looking over at me. "I'm gonna do this for you." He says smiling.
He opens up the my front door and he walks out. He turns around to look at me waiting for me to talk out with him. He puts his hand behind his back gesturing me to take it. I do take it. He pulls me out of my doorway and I close my door. I lets go of my hand with a slight smile. "Come on. I want him to meet my new friend." Dan does air quotes when he say friend. I smile. He's still too scared to come out but not enough to show off his new 'friend'. Blake must see us talking. "Hey!" He shouts over to us. "What are you doing with my friend?! Dan don't talk to him. He's just a annoying gay twat." These words hurt me but Dan squeezes my hand to reassure me. Blake walks up to us, his eyes on me. As soon as he gets to us he smacks me hard in the face. I whimper putting my hands over it. "What the hell?!" Dan hollers. "What do you mean? Are you actually hanging out with this guy?" Blake sounds furious. "Yes." Dan says firmly. "Yes, I am. I met him the other day after you beat the shit out of him." Dan says this firmly with no regret. He really does care for me. I put my hand down. Blake is furious. He looks at me again. Dan steps in front of me with his arm out so he can block me from anything Blake does to me. "Don't." Dan says this with pure anger. "Don't. Hurt. Him. He never did anything to you. Why do you feel the need to do anything to him?" I can see Blake's facial expression change to pure anger. "It's him, isn't it? He's now trying to turn you into a gay twat just like him. I'm not gonna let that happen." Blake pushes Dan down onto the ground. Blake punches me, hard in the gut. I fall down. He kicks me in the side multiple times. He start to cry. Out of nowhere he stops. I look up. Dan has gotten up and has pushed Blake to the ground. "Don't hurt him. He's not turning me into a gay twat. What if I was gay. How would that change anything." Dan says furiously. Blake gets up. "You are gay. Aren't you? You're gay for this little baby right here." Dan looks down. I try to stand up but can't from the pain in my ribs. "Oh, you are aren't you." Blake gets a disgusted look on his face. "Answer me! Are you gay for this baby or no?" Dan looks at me. I can tell that he's asking if he can lie. I shake my head yes. Dan looks back at Blake. "Blake, you still haven't answered me. Even if I was gay what would that change?" Blake looks down. "Everything. I don't want to be around any sinners."
"Oh I see." Dan says. "Well, you know what?" Dan says stepping back from Blake. He puts out his arms. "I'm gay. Yep, that's right you heard me. Daniel James Howell is gay." He puts his arms down. "There Blake. Now you know. I'm gay." Blake looks disgusted. "How long...how long have you known you were?"
"A week." Dan says putting his hands on his hips.
"So Caelyn has been dating a gay guy for a week?!"
"I WASN'T SURE IF I WAS! I didn't know if I was gay or just bi. Well, I've realized, I'm gay." Dan says this not caring at all what people think. "And don't even think about telling Caelyn. I'm telling her tomorrow. You can at least give me that much time to tell her." Blake stares at Dan. "Fine. But if you don't. I'll hunt you down and your little boyfriend and beat you to a bloody pulp."
"Fine." Dan says. Dan walks up closer to Blake. "But let me tell you this. If you ever hurt Phil again expect me to be right there waiting to beat the shit out of you." Dan's not himself he seems too sinister. "Dan." I say. I try to get up and I manage to with all my might. I limp over to Dan and put my hand on his shoulder to support myself. I look at him. "Dan, you didn't have to do this." I whisper. "Yes, I did. I couldn't hide anymore. I couldn't fake to be straight and have to lie and date Caelyn. I'm done." Dan says looking at me. "Done with what?" I say. "I'm done with lying to people and myself. Blake spits at us and flips us off. Dan gladly does it back. "Goodbye!" Dan says nicely being sarcastic. I laugh. "Thank you Dan. For all of this." Dan winks no problem. Dan puts his hands on my cheeks and kisses me. I'm so happy he's not afraid to show his affection for me. We just stand in the street kissing. His hands on my cheeks, my hands in his back pockets. We pull away to see if Blake was still down the street staring at us. He wasn't. We smile at each other and walk over to Dan's house hand in hand.

Ooooooooo some drama went down today. I decided to do a long chapter to make up for not writing. I've been having a little writers block but I definitely now have a strong idea of where this is going. Bye! -Jordan