Chapter 22: Gathering Evidence

Blue and Red lights, adding sirens and flashing cameras. The scene of the crime is patched up of Yellow tape with 'Crime Scene' in it. The victim was already sent to the hospital for the autopsy.

"I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I already looked around the scene and—." The assigned inspector, approached the emotionless girl, hands in his pockets. "—identified this as a murder. The weapon used is nowhere to be seen but based on the bullets I found near the victim which are designed for that particular gun, I confirmed that it's a Beretta M9 pistol, your uncle's own gun. As for the security cameras, it doesn't work. The killer is smart to disconnect all sources and not leave any trace."

"Have you found anything important, besides the bullet?" Dahyun asked in all seriousness.

The inspector nodded in response, "Yes, there's a nail mark around the victim's neck, a sign of choking, it was kinda swollen and have rashes that looked like from a allergic reaction to chemicals , whilst the left and right arm have rope marks, meaning he was tightly tied up. Considering that it shows struggling, it must have done by a male or a group to have the upper hand.

Ohhh I almost forgot, I found a opened bottle of sleeping pills and a bunch of un identified medication above the drawer and noticed that those were already expired when he bought it from a pharmacy in the hospital his now in, so it could be cause of the chemical reaction." The inspector explained.

"We have contacted the hospital regarding the autopsy of the body, they will send everything for further information once its all done." He added.

"I was just thinking, do you...perhaps know someone that has to do with this? Maybe an enemy?" Dahyun didn't have the energy to answer, instead stared at him with a blank face. "Nevermind, I know this is hard for you. I better get going now. See you when I see you." He handed her something before leaving.

A sigh escaped from Dahyun's mouth as she pinch her nose bridge, sure she wasn't affected by it, but considering it's her uncle, the one who took care of her like his own daughter, she must avenge him. She grip the crumbled note the inspector gave, it was the note she thrown.

She fished her phone and dialed someone's number, it was answered almost immediately. "Hello?" The person from the other line spoke.

"Hey Chaeng, Where are you?" She asked the person. "I'm with Tzuyu and Jihyo-unnie, we're now in the hospital and turns out, it's Mina-unnie's own hospital. Why?"

"Ohhhh, okay." Dahyun raised both of her eyebrows as she realized something. "Chaeng, I need you to keep an eye on who ever is taking care of uncle's body, I think i may have a hunch on something but its too early to jump into conclusions." Dahyun stated.

"Copy that, unnie." The call ended as she let out a deep sigh. "I just need to gain more evidence to conclude you are what I think you are."

It's been two days since the murder. The funeral ended early, everyone already left the cemetery, but one was still there, silently watching from afar.

She grab the lighter from her pocket and lit up the cigarette she was holding with her index and middle finger, she puffed and blew the air and leaned her back against the tree.

"Smoking is bad for your health, you know." A girl suddenly appeared and scolded her, she snatched the cigarette away from the younger's lip and throw it on the ground, crashing it with her shoe.

"What are you doing here, unnie?" Dahyun lazily asked, closing her eyes as she waited for the other girl to answer.

"I should be the one asking you that, why are you still here? You should be resting."

Dahyun slowly opened her eyes, "I just wanted to be alone." She said, not looking at the woman infront of her.

The pale girl was taken a back when Sana unexpectedly hugged her tight, gently patting her back in a comforting way. "Since I missed you, how about...let's have a date later this night so you can loosen up a little, jagiya~." She suggested after breaking the quick hug. A date? How interesting....

The korean gave her a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes and held Sana's soft hand, "Sure, that would be nice, but your treat of course." She cheekily stated making Sana giggle.

"Did you get your nails done?" Dahyun curiously asked, noticing the new design on the older's nails as she played with her fingers. "Yeah, about two days ago. Mina accompanied me to a salon, pretty isn't it."

Dahyun nodded in agreement and gave a quick peck on the girl's hand. She carefully caress the older girl in the head, putting a tiny amount of hair behind the ear next to a hair pin.

"Why so pretty my jagiya..." She blurted causing Sana to blush and hid herself on the tofu's neck, inhaling the scent of the girl. "I'm so lucky and unlucky at the same time to have yo—"

She was cutted off when a phone ranged, and it was Dahyun's. She excused herself from Sana which she replied with a smile and saying that she'll go home first to prepare for later.

After the Japanese girl left, Dahyun answered the call. "Hello?"

"It's me, Chaeyoung. I already have the full autopsy of the body." Dahyun smirked, "Good, let's meet at xxx xxx xxx, bring the others including my brother." She stated, the other ended the call, she fixed her shirt and went to the said location.

:)

———————————————
Author:

I'll upload the other two chapters I made tomorrow or the day after. Sorry for the super late update...... to make up for all the absences, I made something special.

Ps. Special thanks to dropsofchae for making a amazing cover for my book :)