Starry night skating

Hey! So, the ice skating picture above one, enjoy!

"Are we sure this is safe, Connor? I read something about how skating on pond ice could be dangerous if it's too thin."

The sun had set on a cold, December day, and only a pale moon and brightly lit stars were left in the sky. Connor, knowing Evan had never been taught how to ice skate, decided to take him to a pond close by their apartment, where the ice was thick enough to skate on.

"Evan," he laughed, "it's safe, I promise. Look at everyone else on the ice, they're doing fine! You'll be okay. Now, sit down on the bench so I can tie your skates,"

Evan plopped down on the wooden seat and stuck out his feet, this way Connor could easily tie the skate's laces. After, he sat next to Evan, doing the same for himself.

The two stood up and laced arms as they wobbled onto the gleaming frozen pond together.

"Okay, Evan, skating takes some time to learn, but that's okay. It's a bit like walking, but you just glide like this-" He cut himself off and began to just skate around in a small circle, careful to steer clear of the others. "But, since you haven't done this before, let's just start by taking small steps, alright?"

Evan nodded, hesitantly starting to take baby steps. Scared to be standing on his own, he latched onto his boyfriend's shoulders, who grabbed his forearms in return. Connor helped Evan as he walked across the slippery surface, and lifted him back up as he started to slip again.

"Hey, you're okay, I've got you. You are doing so well. How about we start gliding, okay?"

Connor moved away from his lover, but not far enough so that they were no longer holding hands, so Evan could glide with one foot in front of the other. Evan seemed to be getting the hang of it, so, Connor thought it would be alright to let go of his gloved hands.

"No, Connor, no, don't let go!" He yelped as he felt his feet fly out in front of him. His denim jeans met the wet, icy ground as he fell butt first.

Connor skated back over to his lover as fast as he could and helped him back up, feeling a slight tang of guilt wash over him.

"Fuck, you okay, baby? I'm sorry, I should've asked before I let you go."

"I'm okay." He brushed off the slight dusting of snow off his jeans.

"Good, now, if it's okay with you, I'm going to just hold onto your side, that way we can both skate easier."

Connor reviewed the easiest explanation for ice skating once again, and pretty soon, Evan had gotten the hang of it. After about ten minutes, he felt confident enough to go off on his own. So, he slowly detached himself from his lover and skated ahead of him.

"Look, Con, I'm doing it!"

"I see you, baby, you're doing great!"

Evan had figured out how to skate in a line, turn corners, but, he hadn't learned how to stop, which became a problem quickly.

"Wait, Connor, how do I stop- ahh!"

He tried to point his skates forward as he had heard once before, but he ended up once again tripping, this time over his blades. Connor was fast to make his way over to help him back to his feet.

"You alright? It looks like you took a pretty nasty fall,"

"Yeah, I'm okay, I'm getting kind of cold though."

"So am I, want to head back to the apartment?" Evan nodded and kissed the top of the taller boy's knuckles.

As they teetered their way back to the green grass, Connor leaned his head on his lover's shoulder. The soft glow from the moon gave the frozen pond a wonderful, peaceful tone to end off their night, something that made their stomachs fill with warmth.

Hey humans! I hoped you liked this oneshot! Make sure to suggest the next photo! I love you all so so much ❤️