Chapter 2: The Sun and the Moon Curse

Start from the beginning

Percy had the small urge to cringe at her words.

"You can't do this alone." Stefan said, concerned for the well being of Elena.

"It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it," Elena asserted.

The Gilbert added, "Besides, Percy is here with me."

Damon's voice could be heard on the other side of the phone. "Percy's with you?"

The demigod felt it was her time to speak up. "Hey, Dae."

"See? I'll be fine. Percy's with me. Make sure Damon doesn't do anything stupid. I'll be in touch." The doppelgänger hung up the phone.

Elijah held out his hand for her to put the phone into. Elena gave him the device and Elijah placed it in his pocket.

"He's here." Elena told the vampire.

Elijah looked bothered by the statement. "Klaus is here?"

"He's taken over Alaric's body," Percy explained.

The original vampire's eyes narrowed. "Of course, he has. It's one of his favorite tricks."

"Really? What are his other tricks?" The demigod questioned.

Elena added a question of her own, "What is he going to do next? You're the only one who knows him."

You could tell by his expression, that the man had been through a lot. "Yes, I do."

•••

The trio arrived at the Lockwood house. Elijah rang the door bell and Carol Lockwood opened the door. "Elijah! Percy, Elena, what are you doing here?" She caught sight of the man's appearance. "What happened?"

Elijah replied, "I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help."

"Well, I'm on my way to a meeting, so I-"

Elijah stepped forward, "It won't take but a minute of your time." He compelled the brunette in the doorway.

Immediately, she responded with a smile, "Of course, anything you need."

"Thank you."

Elijah stepped in the house, the two teenagers following. "Well, first thing's first, I'm going to need a change of clothing," the original stated.

Carol closed the door behind them, "Well, we can try one of my husband's suits. I haven't boxed them up yet."

"Wonderful." He responded coolly.

When Carol walked away, Percy asked Elijah. "How did you know she wasn't on vervain?"

The man answered, "'Cause I'm the one who got her off it."

"Nice." The demigod replied.

Elijah returned his gaze to Elena. "Right before you and your friends killed me. Twice."

Elijah began to walk away, "If you'll excuse me, I'll be down in a moment."

Percy wandered around the room admiring how tall the ceilings were. Elena scrunched up her face at the girl who was leaning her head back to stare up like a little kid. "What are you doing?"

Percy shrugged, "What are you doing?" The demigod stuck her tongue out at the doppelgänger.

Elena rolled her eyes.

The suit loving vampire returned. "So, I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us."

Looking down at her lap, Elena responded, "No." She raised her head and softly said, "I'm Sorry."