Part 1: Dawn Of A New Chief

"Alright everyone, let's split this into teams, Astrid, please take a group of Nadders over to the east side of town to melt the ice there. Twins and Eret, take some villagers and Zipplebacks to get the ice off of the Great Hall. Please, Odin, please leave a Great Hall standing. Drago destroyed enough of Berk without your twinsanity so Eret is in charge. Mom, Gobber, and I will start removing ice on the south side with some Monsterous Nightmares. Snotlout, you help Mulch, Bucket, and Gustave with the west side, finally, Fishlegs, send a Terror Mail to Heather and Dagur to ask for some help here and after that please take some gronkles with you to the north side. Let's move people!" Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III informed the croud of people to begin the work to put Berk back together. The 20-year-old man was made Chief due to the sudden death of his father against the greatest threat to the Archipelago, Drago Bludvist. The battle had left Berk, his homeland, covered in ice. As well as all the new dragons that came from his mother's sanctuary. The Berkians all nodded or let out 'yes chief' or 'you got it chief' and Hiccup felt a little overwhelmed by the new order of things.

Suddenly Hiccup felt something nudge him from behind and he turned around to smile at his best friend, Toothless the Night Fury, as well as the new king of dragons since he defeated Drago's Bewilderbeast. The massive dragon forced other dragons to bend to its will. And only Toothless in his Alpha mode was able to send the beast away.

"How are you doing there bud? Could you maybe help keep the other dragons in check? I'm still a tad bit new to this?" Hiccup asked while rubbing the back of Toothless's head.

The Night Fury crooned and then let out a roar to the other dragons. Their head popped up and stared at their alpha. Toothless then motioned to Hiccup then roared again. Probably saying something along the lines of "listen to this guy" The dragons nodded and cooperated as smoothly as a bunch of wild dragons and ornery Vikings could. Hiccup and Toothless began to the southern end of the island followed by a large group of Monstrous Nightmares to help melt the ice. As the dragons began to fire and Vikings chopped away. Valka Haddock, Hiccups mother, and wife to the late Cheif Stoick 'The Vast' Haddock went over to her son with her dragon Cloudjumper the Stormcutter Dragon that had taken Valka away from Berk some 20 years ago. She had been found a couple of days ago and now lives on Berk to aid her son and help him, as well as herself, cope with the loss of Stoick. Toothless sees Cloudjumper and tries to show off by blasting a piece of ice but Cloudjumper just rolls his eyes. Valka walks over to her son who had just finished a conversation with Gobber who was flying off on Grump his Hotberble.

"Son, how are you exactly taking all of this, I know this is new for you?" She says as she puts a hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"Hey mom, I'm doing.. Oh who am I kidding, I am so in over my head here. I know dad always told me that being Chief was no easy task and I could always go to him when I needed help but he is not here anymore and I am rambling again ... sorry." Hiccup says while rubbing the back of his neck self-consciously while suddenly finding the ground interesting.

"Look Hiccup, remember what I told you, you have the soul of a dragon. You can do this. And always remember that you have your friends, your dragon, Gobber, Astrid, and even me. I know I was not here for you but I am not leaving anytime soon. Your father would be proud of the man you are now. No Chief has ever faced what you do now, and I know you will surpass this just like every other obstacle you have faced." She says with a prideful yet soothing smile. But then she smirks and adds, "But listen to some advice, talk to the one you trust most. I have seen how you are with that Astrid lass. You both are so cute together and you function best with each other." To this Hiccup smiles while looking up at this mother. Then shortly glancing over to the side to hear Astird keeping her group in line while working like a well-oiled machine.