It's Not Your Business

Start from the beginning

"Coming. I saw the news... thought you might need your dear cousin to cheer you up," Damian jokes (Maleficent is Talia's mom).

"Marinette!" Jon shouts as he lands.

"Sunshine," Marinette smiles and runs over to hug him. He hugs her back and makes sure that she felt how much he cared for her in his hug. That's when she melted into his hug and cried.

The two boys spent the rest of the day trying to take their cousin/girlfriend's mind off of her parents. She snuck home at 10 to try and secretly pack a bag so that she could sleep over at Jon's. Of course, when she opened the door to leave, her grandfather called out, "Where ya going, gumdrop?"

Marinette freezes, hisses, "Sugarsnaps..." and turns around to see Hades leaning on the wall with a smug smile.

"So, you gonna tell me, or am I going to have to just ground you?" he asks.

Marinette takes a breath, turns around, and answers, "I'm staying over at Jon's tonight." Hades gives her a look and she adds, "Oh shut it, Gramps. You and I both know that you love him."

He chuckles, nods, and adds as she leaves, "Don't be stupid Gumdrop!!"

"Don't eat all the cereal!" she shouts back

"Too late!" he yells before the door shuts.

The next day, she goes to school with Jon. Not bothering to stop by her house as this wasn't the first time she had spent the night with Jon.

After an entire school day of having to deal with Lila and her friends making snide comments about her living on the Isle and the newest rumors spread about her, she was glad that Hades was always a way to gif knows where every Friday.

She stumbles into the house late, Jon pressed against her as he closes the door with his foot, too busy exploring her mouth with his and tangling her hair to use his hands while she drops her bag to free up hers. As they pressed against the nearest wall and Marinette was beginning to fumble with the buttons of his shirt, a horrified gasp was heard from the couch against the wall, before the hallway to the living area.

Marinette and Jon immediately parted and Jon rebuttoned his shirt with his super-speed as they turned to see a horrified Ben and Mal sitting next to an amused Hades.

"Gumdrop?" Hades chuckles as Marinette turns bright red. "At least tell me that the two of you were going to use protection." Cue her face going from a bright red to a deep red that reached her ears and neck. Snickering, he turned to an equally embarrassed, yet not quite red Jon, "And I hope that you aren't getting pressured into anything, son. I would lecture you on consent to embarrass Gumdrop more, but that spectacle made it quite obvious that she's not being forced."

A squeak was heard from Marinette, followed by her head falling into her hands and a muffled groan escaping her lips. "Thanks..., sir?" Jon responds, confused, and blushing.

"Oh, right!" Hades exclaims, "Mal, Ben, this is Jon, Marinette's boyfriend."

Marinette's head shoots up and sees her mother and father. "Is this who you were with last night?" Mal asks, eyes wide with shock and horror written on her face.

Marinette's face immediately goes back to its normal color and all emotions are wiped off her face as she looks at her mother and father. "Like that's any of your business," she sneers.

"Marinette..." Hades chastizes only to be on the receiving end of her glare. Without even picking up the bag she had dropped when coming in, Marinette storms out into the night.

The anger and pain and betrayal that had been boiling and festering all those years spilled over in Marinette until she couldn't see straight and managed to transform into a dragon in the midst of it. She flew as fast and far away as she could. Just wanting to go far enough away, so that everything she felt about her parents would disappear.

As she flew over the ocean, something much larger and far more powerful knocked her out of flight and into a free fall. Swirling and spinning until she crashed into the ocean's waves and everything went black.

Three days later she woke up in her parent's castle with Jon sleeping by her bedside and Damian staring out the window from his seat against the wall. He turns to glance at Marinette and finds her awake. He raises an eyebrow at her and she giggles softly at his expression, effectively waking Jon up.

"You know," Damian comments, "it's just like you to wake up ten minutes after Kent finally decides to get some shut-eye. I told him to just sleep, but here we are now, Kent sleep-deprived and my point proven."

Jon glares at him before turning to Marinette and dotingly kissing her forehead. "I'm so glad you're safe, Mar. You gave me a really big scare."

"Wha-" Marinette stutters and that's all she can seem to get out.

"Tt, our grandmother is insane and used herself as a battering ram to knock you out. Jon punched her before she and your mother got into a fight and that kicked out, ex-god of a grandfather you have sapped her magic. You've been out for three days and everyone has been irritatingly hovering over you. Father has forced me to make sure Jon doesn't go craze and so I'm forced to deal with all of this. I expect an apology and thank you for dealing with this nonsense," Damian states as he gets up to leave.

"Damian!" Jon exclaims.

"Shut it, Kent. My dear cousin seems fine like I predicted, so there's nothing for me to worry about and you have completely won over your future in-laws. Now let me leave so I don't have to deal with your gushing and you can go on kissing my cousin without causing me to want to hurl," Damian sighs, bored out of his wits and already at the door.

Damian leaves, Jon gushes and acts sickenly sweet to Marinette as Damian predicted, they end up almost making out, and Hades had stopped said potential make-out session by barging in on them and embarrassing the life out of Marinette and Jon.