The desire to change➪𝟸𝟾

Change...

How do I change? What do I change? If I change then what aspects of me do I keep? Do I keep any?

As I tapped my pen on my desk an idea hit me like a lightning bolt.

Sophie.

Becoming impatient to leave the classroom, Mr Clyde, our science teacher, pointed out how jittery I was, "Iris can you sit still?" He called me out, making the whole class giggle at that seriously lame joke, "I mean you're usually the one who looks bored out of your mind but somethings got you excited, huh?"

Seriously, shut up.

"Probably a new boyfriend!" Some annoying voice called out in an attempt to be funny. I turned around in my seat and glared viciously at the brainless boy with my hazel eyes, displaying dominance over him as he sheepishly avoided eye contact.

Handing over a sarcastic giggle, I rolled my eyes and slumped back down into my chair. Biting my nails, growing anxious to find the blonde girl who wasn't very fond of me, I watched the clock religiously.

Once the clock struck 3:30pm, the bell rung and I bolted out of my seat in an instant. I ran out the classroom, not even waiting for sir to dismiss us. Roselina and Sophie spend last period together today, what class was she in again?

Right! It was music.

Making my way to the hallway full of music rooms, I bumped into my girlfriend, "Oh hey Issy!" She smiled at me, excited to see me.

"Hey babe, are you with Sophie?" I asked, her smile dropped slightly as she expressed confusion instead.

"Sophie?" She reaffirmed whilst dropping her bag onto the floor.

"Yeah I need to talk to her."

Just as I was saying that, Sophie emerged from of the room, "What do you need to talk to me about?" She asked coldly. Now that I was actually in front of her, discomfort weighed me down. I'd probably talked about her more than I'd talked to her.

"Oh, uh... So," why was I stuttering? "I know we haven't been on the best of terms..."

Sophie rolled her eyes dramatically, "Spit it out."

This bitch.

Laughing to bite back my bitterness I made my proposal, "Let's get along from now on." It would be good for Lina and Jo if I got along with her, she's an important part of both of their lives. Lina looked at me with a bewildered expression and doe eyes.

"How about...No." Sophie quickly shut me down, what a pain.

"There you are!" Jo called out as she jogged up to us a little, "you didn't pick up your phone."

I checked my phone to discover two missed calls from Jo, "Jo you called me twice. You made it sound like you called me 20 times."

"No, my phone died so I couldn't call you again. Also what's going on here?" Jo asked, clearly not used to the site of me and Sophie in close proximity.

"Your friend wanted to talk to me," Sophie told Iris, conveying her dislike towards me.

"You guys know it's like 3:15 right? And why are we standing out here, let's go inside." Jo said, pushing us all into the music room and slamming the door shut with her feet.

We were all forced towards the back of the classroom ,  "Okay, now talk." Jo ordered despite not understanding what was going on.

"I think that we should be friends, for the sake of Jo and Lina." I spat out and wasn't surprised when I was rejected once more.

"Nope, not happening." Sophie shook her head in distaste.

"Wait, Sophie! This is the first time Iris has actually made an effort to be friends with someone besides me," Jo informed Sophie who wouldn't budge.

"That's not entirely true, I made an effort with Lina,"I protested.

"Yeah, cuz sticking your tongue down someone's throat is making an effort..." Sophie scoffed in disgust.

Rage strangled my heart, could she stop undermining my attempts? I was really trying here!

"What's your problem?" I combatted, offended at her thoughtless remarks.

"You're my problem." Sophie disputed.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, this girl was going to give me a migraine at this point.

"Why does it matter if we're friends? Jo and Rose don't like each other and your actually dating one of them." Sophie made a very valid point but for some reason I didn't want to back down.

"Well I'm sure Lina and Jo could be friends then," I suggested, I was sure that after my conversation with Jo that she'd give Lina a chance. Guess I was wrong.

"Fuck no. I have no interest in being friends with her," Jo interjected which clearly made Lina take offence.

"What exactly have I done to you? You've always had a problem with me!" Lina defended herself against Jo, I should've been upset that my girlfriend and best friend were arguing but instead I admired how cute Lina was.

Jo ignored Lina and turned to Sophie, "Why don't you like Iris?" They asked.

"Do I really need to answer that? The joke writes itself at this point." She stated as if it were an obvious or valid answer.

Throwing my head back, allowing my wavy hair to fall freely, I sighed deeply. What could I possibly do to convince her?

"Jo and Lina." I turned to both of them. Jo was sitting on a table, Lina was sat down on a chair, I was half standing/ half sitting, leaning against one of the desks and Sophie was slumped against the wall.

"Jo give Lina a chance."

"Why? Are you really taking her side? What happened to bros before hoes?"

"First of all, I'm not a hoe." Lina clapped back, her eyes were full of fire and she wasn't backing done, "also I don't care if you like me or not. All I'm trying to do is make your best friend who is my girlfriend more comfortable. Is that too much of a task?"

"When it comes to you, yes, it is too much of a task." Jo proclaimed, "I love Iris and all but I don't get what she sees in you."

"Jo that's too far," I interrupted. She might not like Lina but I wasn't going to allow her to completely disrespect her like that.

"That's it, we're leaving." Roselina grabbed my hand with her small, soft ones and dragged me towards the door.

CLICK.

Wait.

CLACK.

No.

Pushing down on the doorknob, pulling with all our might we were smacked in the face with a harsh realisation.

We've been locked in.