𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8

"(Y/N) is far from being human."

"And how do you know that Harlequin?" Asked Merlin. She was in disbelief. "I just do okay? I'm the fairy king and because of that I can tell when someone is off." He said with ease. "Ok, I think I have heard enough guys. I'm sorry Merlin but I have to protect the crew. (Y/N) can stay for 5 more days, and that's it. She has to leave and not come in contact with us ever again. Am I clear?" He looked at Merlin. A shadow cast over her eyes and she shook uncontrollably. Meliodas only received silence so he asked her again. " Am I clear Merlin? Do you Understand?" She looked up and her eyes seemed lifeless. " Yes captain, I understand." He seemed pleased with her answer but still gave her a sad glance. " Then it is decided. She will leave in 5 more days. Let's go to bed." They all looked at each other and headed towards the door. " Wait, where is Gowther? Why wasn't he here?" Asked the captain. "We don't know." Said Diane, tears almost falling on her cheeks. "Alright then , good night." Nobody said the same back. They simply headed for the door again.

(Y/N) Pov

I left when Meliodas had asked the crew where Gowther was. I didn't want to hear anymore than what I had already heard. I quickly entered a room so they don't see me in the halls. I slid down the door with my hands on my face. "(Y/N)? What's wrong?" I jumped, this is Gowthers room. " Nothing, I don't wish to bother you Gowther. I will be leaving, I wish you a goodnight." I said as I reached for the doorknob. But my other hand was grasped and held back. " Tell me what's bothering you." He said with his emotionless voice. "Why would you care....... just leave me alone, you probably want me gone too." I yanked my hand from his grasp and left his room.

'Merlin is probably in her room. I didn't bring much clothes with me so it doesn't matter if they get left behind. I also didn't bring anything that is worth much so they can have all of it. I'm going home.' I said as I exited the tavern for hopefully the last time. 'This hurts. I didn't know that most of them didn't like me, what did I do to deserve this?' I asked myself as I walked through the town for the second time. ' it's been about a week since I've come here, I thought I was making connections but all I got was hurt feelings. It's ok though. I don't need them, I don't need Merlin or any of them to live my life.'

As I kept walking I realized that I still had the jewelry that I bought Gowther and Lin. 'Guess I'll either keep them or go back.' I looked at the jewels and came to a conclusion. 'I will go back and stay for 3 more days. Then I leave when nobody suspects that anything is wrong with me.'

Timeskip Merlins Pov

"Captain!!" I yelled as I knocked on his door. He opened and looked at me. " what's wrong Merlin?" He said confused. "She isn't here! I looked for her in the tavern, In my room, Im Gowthers room, the lake, and I can't find her." His eyes hardened and he said " let's go search for her." Everyone was coming out of their rooms because of all of my loud talking. 'Can they blame me? I'm worried!' We then left the tavern and split up. 'We will find you (N/N), I promise.'

Y/N pov

I was walking towards the Boar Hat when someone walked out of the trees. 'Is that............Elaine, King and......Ban?' I asked myself. "Hello? Is that you Elaine?" I spoke questioning them. "We don't want you here. Leave." She said. I had never heard her speak so cruelly before. "Look Elaine, I'm here to give Merlin and Gowther a gift and leave. I don't plan on staying with people who hate me and want me gone." I said as I glared at her. "Now get out of my way and let me pass so I can give this to them." Said as I pushed past her but then the unexpected happened.

My head whipped to the side. My cheek burned and stung. My hand went up to reach and cup my face. I was shocked but I wasn't completely in a trance, so I turned my head back to where it was and say that............Ban had slapped me. He slapped me across the face. "Ban?" I said. "Don't talk to Elaine that way, ever again unless you really want to get hurt." He said coldly. "Tch whatever man, I just wanted to give my real friends gifts and your stupid fairy girlfriend got in the way. Let me pass and this can be over." I said even colder than how they were treating me. He then punched me and I landed with my back against a tree. 'I'm pretty sure some of my ribs are broken. Serves me right for coming back to this den of traitors.' Tears cascaded down my cheeks as King tried to hit me. I dodged and hit him first. He skidded along the grass and just my luck,
"(Y/N)!! What are you doing?!?! Why did you hit King?!" Yelled Diane. My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to speak but Elizabeth slapped me in the same place Ban slapped me earlier. "We trusted you! Now you hit king?!" She yells at me. "Ban hit me and then King tried to hit me too so I defended myself." I said honestly. "That's enough, we don't want you here anymore , please gather your stuff and leave." I looked behind Liz, and saw the rest of the crew excluding Gowther glaring at me. "Merlin-" " No" and that's when my heart shattered. "Ok." I said as I looked down. I started to take out the ring and bracelet from my pocket but Merlin has hit me with her powers and made me fall back against the tree. 'Huh. Cool. I guess I really can't trust anyone but myself.' Tears kept of flowing from my cheeks as the jewelry fell from my out stretched hand. Merlin and Elizabeth gasped and tears started to form in their eyes. Only then did I notice a very crucial detail. One of Kings blades had impaled me. I was bleeding out and fading between the land of the living and death. I started to feel very cold, but I weirdly liked it. Well until I heard Gowther screaming.

Gowther Pov

When I arrived to where noise was happening, I couldn't believe my eyes. There she was. Impaled by Kings blade. Almost lifeless. I started screaming and running towards her but Escanor and Meliodas held me back. "LET GO! LET GO! SHES GOING TO DIE IF WE DON'T HELP HER!" Then I was knocked out.

With the crew

"We should go. Let her die in peace." Said the captain. Merlin had vanished and was probably sobbing uncontrollably in her room. Gowther has tears on his cheeks but was unconscious and Elizabeth was crying. Elaine and Ban just hugged and walked back to the tavern. King however, was petrified. He had not activated his magic. Those were a perfect replica of his blades but they werent his. He didn't kill
(Y/N), so who did? They all walked back to the tavern but everyone missed two important details.

One, was Elaines smirk as she held hands with Ban.

And two, was the fact that (Y/N) was taken when they turned their backs fo face the direction of the Boar Hat.