𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 5

"What are you doing out here in the middle of the night by yourself?"

(Y/N) Pov

I turned around and saw that Gowther was walking towards me."I needed fresh air, I just had a nightmare and thought that I needed to be in a different setting." I said honestly. 'that's really all there is too it.' Then I asked, "What about you, shouldn't you be sleeping for work tomorrow?"  He stares at me blankly and responds with, "I could not sleep, so I thought I would visit the town below . And then I saw you walking towards the river, so I got curious and followed you." 'He has no reason to lie so I will just take his word for it.' "Hmm ok" I turned my head back around and leaned against the tree. Gowther sat next to me and looked at me. ' I can feel him staring, why is he staring at me?' "If you keep staring at me you might as well draw me don't you think?" I opened one eye and looked at him. " Oh I'm sorry." " It's ok dont worry about it." I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sound of the night. The crickets , the owls, but the one that I liked to hear the most was the occasional howling of the wolves.

'Huh?' I opened my eyes and looked to my side and there he was, with his head on my shoulder and eyes foward. "Are you okay Gowther?" I asked nervously, 'he doesnt seem like the touchy feely type." " Yes I am fine, but I feel something. This is what people would call feeling at peace correct?" " Well yes, I feel at peace but why is this so weird for you?" I asked genuine concerned. " I do not have what you would call a 'heart' I do not have emotions. I would like to know what it feels like, and I think I feel ' at peace'." 'Hmm I see.' I turned so that my body would face him, and hugged his head with both of my arms and held him close. " One day you will feel emotions, or maybe even just one but you will feel something, I promise Gowther." I said while still hugging him close to my neck and chest area.

Gowther Pov

"One day you will feel emotions, or maybe even just one but you will feel something, I promise Gowther." She spoke so gently. 'This is a hug , a hug when greeting a friend, giving comfort or embracing a loved one. This hug....... doesn't feel bad..... I want more of these.' Then I felt her let go. 'No, please give me another one' "Well Gowther, we should head back, I need to get back to Merlin." She stood up and held her hand out for me to take and get up. I hesitantly took it and stood up. 'She can't let go of Merlin can she?' I asked myself out of curiosity. "I agree, we should get back to the tavern." Then she realized that she we were still holding hands so she let go. 'Her hand felt so warm and soft.' The she started to walk away. "Come on Gowther." And I followed.

Timeskip (Y/N) pov

It's already morning and I was cooking breakfast. 'It's the least I could do when they accepted me yesterday.' I hade made pancakes but pancakes always tasted boring to me, so I had made this sugary substance to make it taste really good. Merlin told me to name it "syrup" and that exactly what I did, I named this thing syrup. Merlin was the first one down and she looked in a hurry. " Hey Merlin! Want some pancakes with syrup?" I waved an asked while I served some on a white plate. "There you are (N/N), I was worried you were taken in your sleep." She said as she approached me and thanked me for her pancakes. " I just woke up earlier and thought I should make some pancakes with syrup for everyone after yesterday when they were all cool with you bringing me here." "Well thats good, now I don't have to cook." Said a male voice that just came down the stairs. " Good morning Ban." Merlin and I said in unison. " mornin." He said and yawned. " would you like some pancakes with syrup?" I asked politely. " Yea Im starving" I passed him a white plate with three to four pancakes on it and a decent amount of sugary sweetness. "Enjoy." Once he took the first bite he was wide eyed. " THIS TASTES SO MUCH BETTER WITH THIS LIQUID SUGAR!! I want more after this alright?" I laughed and said "Yes of course I will make you more." He looked so excited. "But only after everyone else has eaten." And then he deflated. "But they aren't eve-" "Hello (Y/N, Merlin and Ban." " Hello Gowther, would you like some pancakes?" I asked with a smile on my face. 'Gowther doesn't seem like a bad person, especially not after what happened at the river , he just seems lost and sad inside.' " Yes please ( Y/N)" He said after he sat down in between Lin and Ban , Infront of me. "Here you go." "Thank you" he said as he picked up his fork. "No problem." I said as I ruffled his hair and turned back around so that I could flip the next round of pancakes.

Ban pov

"Here you go." " Thank you" he said as he picked up his fork. " No problem" (Y/N) said as she ruffled his hair and turned back around to check on the pancakes. ' what..... was that? I thought he hated her guts after all that went down yesterday. What happened? He obviously didn't have a change of heart since he doesn't have one. And he let her touch his hair without saying anything afterwards or pulling away? What's happening to him. He is acting weird, might have to keep an eyes on him from now on.' I thought as I saw the exchange go down and then I was pulled from my thoughts as someone tugged on my arm. I looked down and saw Elaine. " Hey good morning, ( Y/N) made some pretty good pancakes for everyone do you want some?" I asked hopeful. 'When she says yes and tastes them then she might ask me to make some for her everyday and then I have an excuse to learn how to make syrup from
( Y/N)!' "No , I don't want anything that she makes." I was taken aback from her words. " Ok then, maybe we could go into town and you could eat there?" I asked "Yes that would be much better." She says as she lets go of my arm and goes out of the front door. 'That was weird, I was 100% sure she was going to say yes. Well maybe another time , but now I won't be able to eat more of (Y/N)'s pancakes!' " Hey ( Y/N)?" I asked to try to get her attention. " Yes Ban?" She replied. " Do you think you could teach me how to make syrup with pancakes?" I was nervous , I just wanted to eat some more pancakes. " Yes of course. I will teach you tomorrow morning how to make syrup and pancakes, then we will make chocolate to put on half of the pancakes that we make, the other one gets to be syrup pancakes." I was OVERJOYED. I wonder what this Chocolate thing is, but if its sweet like syrup then I want it. " Thanks, anyways guys I have to go , Elaine is waiting for me." (Y/N) turned around and smiled at me warmly. " Go get your girl some food Ban, and say Hi to her for me."
"I will." I said as I walked out of the tavern and left to go find my love.

(Y/N) Pov

"Merlin?" " Yes I heard what she said too." She replied. "Good. I have a witness." I said. " Anyways (Y/N) I was going to go into town to get some things for my experiments , would you like to come?" She asked with a smile on her lips. " I would love too but the rest of the crew haven't eaten yet and I would like to make them some pancakes." I replied. "That's ok I will just ask Daine and Elizabeth." She said. " I can help you make pancakes if you want
(Y/N)." Said Gowther . " Really? Thank you, it would be a great help." I smiled warmly at him and turned back around to check on the pancakes for the second time.

Gowther Pov

"Really? Thank you, it would be a great help." She smiled warmly at me and turned around. 'Maybe if i help her with the pancakes she will give me another hug like the first one.' Merlin looked at me with suspicion and then exited the tavern while I went to go stand next to
(Y/N). Then she starts to explain what I can do to help and I follow her instructions. " Great Job Gowther!" She said excitedly. Then I said,

"Can I have a hug now?"