8

Jeongyeon, feeling worn out from the class, turned to her friend Momo. "I'm tired," she admitted, her voice a soft sigh. "You go ahead to the cafeteria. I'll catch up in a bit. I just need to use the restroom."

Momo nodded, her eyes showing a hint of concern. "Alright, but don't take too long," she replied, before heading off.

With her friend gone, Jeongyeon began walking to the restroom. As she walked, she spotted a familiar face in the crowd - Sana. But she wasn't alone. Wrapped in a warm embrace with her was a guy Jeongyeon recognized from the morning bus ride.

A wave of surprise washed over Jeongyeon, her heart skipping a beat. "So, he's Sana's boyfriend?" she whispered to herself, her mind racing. She couldn't shake off an unusual feeling, a sense of discomfort seeing them in such a close moment. It was a complex emotion she couldn't quite put her finger on.

The guy pulled away from Sana and said something into her ear. They shared a laugh, then hugged again. Jeongyeon couldn't bear to watch any longer.

Collecting herself, she turned her way and walked to the cafeteria instead.

When she finally arrived, Momo greeted her with a warm smile. "Finally, you're here! I got your favorite sandwich," she said, handing over the food.

Jeongyeon accepted the sandwich, her heart heavy. "Thank you, Momo," she managed to say, forcing a small smile.

Momo's smile faded slightly, replaced with a worried frown. "Are you okay?" she asked, her voice full of concern.

Jeongyeon nodded, her smile not quite reaching her eyes. "Yes, I am," she replied, hoping that Momo wouldn't notice the lie hidden behind her words.

"Hey,"

They turned their gaze, it was Sana.

"Hey," said Momo.

Jeongyeon's eyes met Sana's, her smile was warm. But something in Jeongyeon's heart felt heavy, a sense of unease she couldn't place. She returned her smile, a smaller one, before standing up abruptly. The sudden movement caught both Momo and Sana off guard.

Without uttering a word, Jeongyeon walked away. The confusion was evident on Momo and Sana's faces, but Jeongyeon didn't turn back.

She found an empty bench in the hallway and sat down.

"What happened? Tell me," a familiar voice broke through her thoughts. Jeongyeon looked up, her eyes meeting Momo's. There was a softness in her gaze, an understanding that only a true friend could offer.

Momo sat beside her and wrapped her arms around her in a tight hug, a silent promise that she was there for her, no matter what.