Chapter 10

Del's Pov-

I was staring out the window, thinking about what Evan had planned for us today. Breakfast was great, and I couldn't wait to spend more time with him. It's crazy, isn't it? Love...I've known this man for years and years, yet, only now, have I actually accepted these feelings for him. I've known forever that I liked him, but now, I know I love him. I would do anything for him, and I'm never letting go. He's my other half, apart of my soul. I feel more whole when I'm with him. It killed me, every time he called me "friend". I wanted to be more than that, I wanted more of him.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a buzzing noise coming from my pocket. I pulled out my phone, seeing a text from Luke.

L- Hey man, what time are you and Evan leaving for Tyler's?

Me- About 3 am

L- Is it cool if I catch a ride with y'all?

Me- Of course. You can come over like an hour early or something. Or, why not just come and spend the night? Your stuff is still in your room.

L- Yeah, I'll just do that. Thanks little J :)

Me- No problem Luke :)

I turned off my phone, and looked over at Evan. He was concentrated on the GPS and road. I smiled lightly, looking back out the window. It was lightly raining out and semi dark. The clouds a mix of dark and light, and the windows on all the shops had Neon LED lights. In my opinion, it was the best setting for a date. I realized we were taking the road down to the beach. I smiled really wide and looked at Evan. He looked at me and smiled.

E- Do you like it so far?

Me- I love it! It's perfect for our first date.

E- Second date

He lightly smirked at me, taping his finger on the side of the steering wheel.

E- The lunch we had was most certainly a date.

I felt warmed, glad to know he took it that way as well. I placed my hand on his, and he laced our fingers together. I looked back out the window, and saw the beach. He was taking me to one of the fancy restaurants that was on the peer. I couldn't be happier. I smiled wide, getting jumpy, excited to spend the day with him.

We parked in front of the beach, right next to the peer. I got out, putting up my hoodie. I walked around the car, taking Evan's in mine. He smiled down at me, kissing the top of my head. I still felt nervous around other people, so I stuck real close to Evan. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. We walked down the peer, towards the restaurant. We saw other people, of all genders, kissing one another and holding hands. I felt so happy, to know we weren't alone.

~~~TIME SKIP CAUSE AM LAZY~~~

We got done with lunch and were walking along the sand. The wind blowing in our faces, and the rain lightly coming down on us. We were laughing and talking about old memories. It was...nice. Just being with him. Walking in the sand, listening to the waves crash against the surface, and watching everyone else with the ones they loved. Evan came to a halt, pulling me back a little. I tilted my head, looking at him, "What's wrong Ev?" He just looked into my eyes for a minute. He grabbed my hands, pulled me towards him, and kissed my lips. I melted into him, feeling his soft lips against mine. They were so warm, and he tasted like strawberries. How does one taste so good?? He pulled away, and just smiled down at me, "I love you, so much Jonathan." I smiled wide, gripping onto the front of his shirt, "And I, love you Evan."

As we walked to the car, he stopped at his door, looking to me, "We have one more place to go. Just to end off the night." I chuckled, nodding my head. We got into the car, and he started blaring music. It was actually my favorite song. We started singing out the lyrics together.

"There once was a bittersweet man and they called him 'Lemon Boy'. He was growing in my garden and I pulled him out by his hair like a weed. And like weeds do he only came and grew back again. So I figured this time I might as well let him be."

I looked at him and smiled, singing a bit louder,

"Lemon boy and me started to get along together. I'd help him plant his seeds and we mowed the lawn in bad weather. It's actually pretty easy, being nice to a bitter boy like him, so I got myself, a citrus friend."

We kept on singing, keeping our beautiful harmony. I looked at him, and he looked at. We smiled and once the song was over, just started laughing. It was a sweet and adorable moment, one that will hopefully happen more in the future.

Some time went by and we pulled up to this old Arcade place. I looked at it for a moment, and realized it was the arcade me and Luke use to go to as kids. I hadn't been there in years. I got jumpy again and got out the car, running to the other side, pulling at Evan's hand. He chuckled and followed my lead. We got inside and there was maybe 4 or 5 other people in there. Perfect. Evan pulled out some cash and traded it for quarters. We went up to one of the machines and I put in 25 cents. I started playing the game, and I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist, hugging my stomach. I blushed a bit and giggled. I continued to play until I lost. I turned around in Evan's arms and pouted. He looked down at me and chuckled, "Would milkshakes make you happy, my pouty kitten~?" I blushed deeper, already liking the new nickname. I nodded fast and he let go of me, walking up to the counter to get milkshakes. He came back, holding a strawberry one for me, and a chocolate for him.

We finished up playing, so we headed out. I opened up the glass doors, and it was now raining cats and dogs. I looked up at Evan, and his eyes were sparkling. He had a big smile on his face. -Evan- "I love the rain, I always have. It makes me feel so at peace, and the world around me looks like a freshly painted painting." He gripped my hand, pulling us out to the parking lot. He spun me around and we started dancing. I was laughing at how silly we were being, but it was so fun.