Jayce, the heiress to the Selwyn name, was grateful for the progressive mindset of her parents. They afforded her the autonomy and agency that were often denied to daughters in other pureblood households. The Selwyns, in stark contrast to their peers, valued Jayce not merely as a marriage pawn but as the rightful heir to their family legacy. This departure from convention allowed Jayce to focus on honing her skills, pursuing her ambitions, and leading the Slytherin Quidditch team with the same determination and fervor as any male heir would.

The Selwyns' recognition of her capabilities was a testament to their forward-thinking approach, setting them apart in a society that frequently clung to outdated traditions. As Jayce navigated the intricacies of her magical education and embraced her leadership role, she carried with her the gratitude for her family's progressive mindset.

The Selwyns, by valuing their daughter for her abilities rather than adhering to outdated gender norms, created a unique haven within the pureblood community—one that celebrated the individuality and potential of their heiress.

However.

Yes, there is always a however.

However, she wouldn't count her family as anything near perfect.

They were still Pureblood supremacists and held rather disgusting beliefs. But, to say the least, she was partially glad that she was at least treated like a person rather than an object whose only job is to be wed and bred.

"Well, yes. But there's another reason," her father finally added.

"Which is...?" Jayce's patience was wearing thin.

Her mother fidgeted, but her father maintained a composed demeanor.

"You're getting engaged."

Jayce raised an eyebrow, her confusion evident.

"Excuse me?"

"You're getting engaged," her father reiterated.

"And to the heir of the Black family," her mother chimed in, as if it would ease the tension.

"I'm literally not even of age," Jayce calmly reminded them.

"Which is why you're just getting engaged for now. Once you're of age, you can tie the knot with Regulus Black."

"Regulus Black?" Jayce scoffed, her anger rising. "I've never talked to him about anything other than Quidditch! I can't marry him."

"Jayce, please, listen to us," her mother pleaded, placing a hand on Jayce's shoulder. "Regulus is an extraordinary boy. Nothing like his... brother," she spat, referring to Sirius, eliciting a surge of anger in Jayce as her mother belittled the older Black brother.

"If the two of you get married, then the House of Selwyn and the House of Black can become one powerful—"

"Why don't you marry him then?" Jayce retorted, laughing at her father.

"Jayce, this behavior—"

"Oh, shut up," Jayce stood up, her parents growing more enraged at her attitude. "This is so stupid, I'm going." She turned around, not wanting to deal with unnecessary drama. "SEBASTIAN, DROP MY LUGGAGE BACK OUTSIDE." She yelled, hoping Sebastian would hear her.

"Jayce, you are to go to your room—"

"I thought I told you to shut up," Jayce rubbed her temples, casting an annoyed glance at the couple. "And I already told you, I have a Quidditch team to lead. So, why don't you just zip it and drink your tea?"

In the rigid landscape of pureblood families, where traditions and conformity held immense sway, dissent and deviation were often met with severe consequences. It wasn't uncommon for parents to wield their authority with an iron fist, particularly when faced with a hint of disrespect or any deviation from the established norms.