Chapter 14 | Pain

Start from the beginning

"Clara, this is dangerous," growled Dylan huskily, swallowing harshly.

"I need you here," I whined, clutching at my painful abdomen, furrowing my brows.

"Okay," replied my mate, running his hands through my dark hair, massaging my scalp, causing me to moan.

"No, Clara, don't do that please."

I chuckled to myself, arousal flowing throughout my body, filling my veins, almost overflowing. I caressed Dylan's jaw as I studied him, gently pulling his lips to mine, kissing him passionately.

I moved my lips against his, almost moaning into his mouth, enjoying the feeling of having my mate so close to me. Dylan cupped my cheek with one hand, the other trailing up and down my thigh, causing a shiver of pleasure to run down my spine.

I ran my hands down Dylan's bare chest, tracing the lines of his defined muscles, gaining a growl from him, telling me he was enjoying it.

Suddenly, Gia opened the door, jumping back as she took in the scene in front of her. "Oh, sorry."

"It's fine, she needs a bath," said Dylan, swooping me up in his arms, carrying me into Gia's en suite.

I gazed down at the freezing cold water, my scorching skin yearning for it. I started to fiddle with the hem of my spandex shorts, grabbing them to pull them down, but Gia stopped me, shaking her head.

Dylan cleared his throat, swallowing as he watched me, his eyes fixated on my fingers that were playing with them hem of my thin shorts. His eyes were pitch black, and my wolf could sense his arousal, causing my breathing rate to quicken.

"Dylan, go watch some TV or something," ordered Gia, watching him intently as he slowly nodded, exiting the room.

I ripped at my clothes, sinking into the cold water in the tub, dunking my head underneath until I was fully submerged. The ice cold water felt like pure bliss against my skin, causing me to sigh to myself in delight.

I stayed in the tub for what felt like hours, but the clock insisted it had only been forty five minutes. I knew my heat was getting worse due to the cold water no longer keeping the fire at bay. My skin seemed to feel hotter by the second, and eventually it became unbearable.

I leaped out of the tub, almost slipping on the wet tiles, and pulled on the fresh clothes Gia had laid out for me, holding back tears as the fabric felt like needles piercing my pale skin. I pushed the bathroom door open, revealing a shocked Gia watching a movie from her bed.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I feel like I'm dying!" I yelled, causing Gia to rush over to me, leading me to the bed.

"I know, it's okay," she soothed.

"No, no, it hurts!" I yelled, the pillow muffling my scream as I ripped at my skin, just wanting to rid myself of the burning feeling.

"Clara, stop, you're going to hurt yourself!" begged  Gia, attempting to pin my wrists to the bed, but I wiggled out of her grasp, kicking at the sheets.

Suddenly, Gia's bedroom door burst open, revealing a wide eyed Dylan; his chest heaving. He rushed over to me, grabbing my wrists, pulling me to him, stroking my soggy hair. "Shh, Clara, stop it. It's okay."

"I can't," I cried, shaking my head. "I can't do this."

"You can," soothed my mate, rubbing my back, causing tingles to erupt.

"Make it go away," I wailed, rubbing at my tear stained face.

"Clara, I can't," muttered Dylan, shutting his eyes and gritting his teeth. "I'm sorry."

"Clara, do you want to sleep? It will make the pain go away?" asked Gia, her face masked with worry.

"Lie down," said Dylan, gently placing me down with my head on the pillow as Gia pulled the curtains closed, darkness taking over the room.

"I'll go and make some food for you for when you wake up," said Gia, swiftly exiting the room.

"Stay with me," I whispered to my mate, causing him to reluctantly nod, lying down next to me. I snuggled up to him, my wolf howling with delight.

I wanted Dylan, but I didn't want it to happen like this. I was more than grateful for Dylan's thoughtfulness and self control, although I could tell it pained him to see me like this.

He traced circles on my back as I closed my eyes, attempting to drift off to sleep, trying to ignore the burning sensation I was feeling throughout my entire body.

"You're going to be okay," he whispered to me, soothing me.

I was hoping he was right...

...............................................................................................

Thank you for reading! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Please vote and comment if you're excited for the next chapter. It really helps me out.

Lots of love xxx