Chapter 14 | Pain

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, I'm sorry," I said with teary eyes, pulling Jared in for a hug, wrapping my arms around him tightly, rubbing his back.

"I am going to miss you though when you eventually leave to go and become a Luna. Those are some big shoes to fill," said Jared, smiling, pulling away from the hug.

"Clara, you're sort of heavy," moaned Gia who was struggling to hold my weight, letting out a deep sigh. "Where are we going? Can we start to make a move?"

"I'll take her," said my mate, wrapping his arms around me and picking me up bridal style, causing me to let out a little yelp, his touch soothing my scorching skin.

"I think it's best if she comes to mine. I can look after her," suggested Gia, gaining a confused look from my mate.

"I still need to be with her. I'm not leaving her in this state, and like she said, it's only going to get worse."

Gia nodded, sighing. "Clara, are you okay with that? It's your decision."

I nodded, pressing my fingers harder into the back of Dylan's neck, trying to tighten my grip, enjoying the feeling of having him so close.

"I'll head home and tell Dad," called Jared as he started to wheel away, giving me one last concerned look.

Nerves overtook me as I thought about how my Father would react, knowing he wouldn't take the news lightly. I was hoping and praying he wouldn't come racing over to Gia's, demanding to see me, making a huge scene.

My head throbbed as Dylan began to walk, every step causing me to groan to myself with pain.

"I know, I'm sorry," mumbled my mate, caressing me softly with his fingers.

"Gia, do you have anything I can take to get rid of the pain?" I asked her.

"I'll have a look in the cabinet, but I don't think it can make the pain from a heat go-"

Gia stopped mid sentence after Dylan shot her a glare, causing her to clear her throat, scratching at the back of neck as she continued to walk, speeding up so she was in front of Dylan and I.

We rounded the corner, and I sighed to myself in relief as Gia's house came into view. I was hoping her parents wouldn't question us much, but I knew they could be a little up-tight sometimes, causing panic to set in.

"Gia will stay with you tonight, okay? I don't want anything to happen that you might regret," whispered Dylan in my ear, his huskiness causing my inner wolf to howl, begging me to pull him to me for a kiss.

"Where are you going to sleep? I need you to stay," I said, distress rising in my voice.

"Yeah, don't worry," said Dylan calmingly. "I can stay, I just need Gia to stay with you too."

I nodded, pressing my head into his chest, his steady heartbeat comforting my wolf.

"Okay," mumbled Gia as she opened her front door for us, gesturing for Dylan to follow her upstairs towards her bedroom. "My parents aren't here right now. They'll probably be back later on though, so if there is going to be any sex, please just keep it as quiet as possible."

"Gia..." warned Dylan, setting me down gently on Gia's large king sized bed. I snuggled up to the pillow, pushing the sheets away with my feet, not enjoying the sensation of them touching my burning skin.

"Shall I run a cold bath for you? It will cool you down?" offered Gia, causing me to nod eagerly.

Once she left the room, I turned to Dylan, pulling him down on the bed with me, snuggling up to his chest.