Chapter 14

"Open the door!"

The loud knock on the door woke me up, and I sat up looking frantically around me. I was not in my bed--I was on the floor, with no covers on my body. I tried moving, but my back was too stiff because of sleeping on the cold marble floor.

Yesterday's tumultuous scene and Damian's harsh words had left me so broken that I didn't even remember dozing off on the floor.

"Open the door!" Agnes screamed as she repeatedly knocked on the door.

I got up and unlocked the door. Agnes was standing with a dress in her hand.

"Why did you lock the door from inside?" she asked as she entered the room.

I rubbed my eyes and said, "I must've done it accidentally."

Agnes was not convinced with my answer and looked around the room suspiciously. Her eyes inspected the bed, which looked untouched--like nobody had slept on it.

Noticing she was suspecting me, I immediately blurted out, "I made the bed after I woke up."

"But then what took you so long to open the door?" She questioned.

"I was in the bathroom," I replied.

"Okay, now go and take a shower and get ready," she ordered me and placed the dress on the bed.

"Why?" I asked.

Agnes took a deep breath and looked at me softly, "Master's waiting for you...he wants to take you shopping."

"Shopping?" I exclaimed.

Agnes nodded, "Yes."

"After almost choking me to death and saying the most painful things to my face yesterday, he now wants to take me shopping?" I thought to myself.

"What is his deal?" I wondered.

I knew he was a violent animal but I didn't know he was weird too.

I clenched my jaw and spat furiously, "I am not going anywhere."

"But it is Master's order," Agnes pleaded.

"I don't care...I'm not interested in any shopping." I said without looking at her.

Agnes looked at me with sad eyes, "then I will let master know that you don't want to go."

I was hurt and didn't want to see Damian's face after what he had said to me last evening. I had made up my mind that I would gladly take his punishment--but I would not go shopping with him.

But then, the voice inside my head yelled:

"No, don't say no. ..go out with him..it could be your chance."

This was the first time that I was getting a chance to get out of this horrific place. And I could use this opportunity, and even find a way to escape.

I knew it pretty well that Damian wasn't foolish to just let me go out like that--he must be extra cautious.

But there would be hundreds of people out there, who could help me or let me use a phone. I could find a loophole and slip out, without him noticing me.

The thought of being free and leaving this place filled me with a new energy.

Agnes was just about to leave when I stopped her and stated, "Okay... I will go."

She smiled and walked out.

I took a quick shower and put on the dress that she had left for me. It was a knee-length black flare dress, with short sleeves and laced edges.