Chapter 5

The raven black night was in its full glory. A storm was raging outside. The sky thundered and the rain was pouring down. It was like Damian had conjured up the ancient gods to threaten me.

He inched closer to the bed. "You think you're smart?" he growled.

I retreated to the corner of the room while he circled me like a killer shark.

Shaking with fright, I ran towards the door and tried to unlock it, but failed. "Don't you fucking dare try to run away," he thundered and signalled towards the bed, asking me to sit down.

I complied.

"You thought I was busy and you could run this place and fool me behind my back? he snarled and mocked me.

Unsure of how to respond because I had no idea what he was referring to, I inadvertently mumbled, "I don't know what you're saying."

My ignorance angered him and he started burning with infernal fire. Turning towards me, he took a menacing step towards me and stared deep into my eyes with his dark grey orbs, which seemed like they wanted to cut me open. He was so close that I could feel his hot breath on my face.

He took a paper out of his pocket and waved it in my face. "This letter, look at me," he thundered, and I raised my face to see what it was--it was the letter that I had written. "You wrote this letter, right? And you asked Agnes to deliver it, answer me!" he shouted. "Ye..yes," I stuttered.

"You thought you could just fool that old woman and send this letter out and I wouldn't even know it?"

"Agnes is naive. But luckily I got there in time and stopped her. Poor Agnes insisted that I should let her send your letter, since your family must be 'worrying' for you." He leaned forward and whispered," but she didn't know that you were playing with her."

He took a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it up. "You know Agnes can't read English," he said as he inhaled the smoke.

"Agnes can't read...but she was reading a book?" I wondered.

"Agnes is from Germany. She can speak English very well, but she can't read it." He leaned his back against the window, and started again, "you manipulated that poor woman and she believed your lies, given she couldn't read to whom that letter was being sent to."

He flicked his cigarette in the trash can and bolted towards me,"you have no fucking family!" he yelled. "Your parents died in a car crash. Your grandma raised you. But three years ago, she also died of a heart attack," he grabbed my face and squeezed my mouth with his strong fingers.

"I know everything about you," he declared as he slowly tightened his grip around my mouth, digging his fingers deep in my cheeks.

"You were sending that letter to your fucking boyfriend Jake!" his voice electrified with rage.

He was right. I had no family. I lived alone. The only person who I thought could help me was Jake. I had to lie to Agnes because I was sure she'd never let me send a letter if I told her the truth. I wasn't disappointed that my letter couldn't make it to Jake--I was shocked that Damian knew so much about me. I was an open book before him...while I knew nothing about him.

"You just can't live peacefully, can you?" he said as his eyes surveyed my face.

I squirmed and tried to free myself. "Don't move!" he cautioned and leaned in close, his lips almost touching my ear, "I think you like being punished....that's why you keep messing with me."

"No, please let me go," I cried.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna punish you for this little offence of yours...I'm gonna teach you a lesson that will remind you to not commit anymore mistakes," he pulled me up by my arm and started dragging me out of the room. I resisted and hit him with my tiny and fragile hands--but it didn't irk him. "Where are you taking me?" I begged.

Agnes was standing in the corridor "Master, please it's my mistake..let her go this time," she tried to persuade him but he didn't listen to her and completely ignored her.

I held out my hand and waved at Agnes, like I wanted to reach out to her while Damian mercilessly dragged me up the stairs. I begged and cried and pleaded. He was taking me upstairs, to that torture chamber. "No," I sobbed uncontrollably as he pushed me inside the room. "Get the fuck inside," he spat and threw me on the floor, locking the door behind him.

My body trembled as I watched Damian, who had turned the light on. The huge chandelier in the centre lit up and glowed in red light--turning the whole room red, like it was bathed in blood.

I moved my eyes across the room, it looked like a cave, a place that was formidable and unsettling. In the middle was a large bed.

The room was almost empty except a couple of closets, and a round table in the centre. Large windows on the side gave a panoramic view of the outside. But it was dark and there was no light. It seemed like the mansion was built in the middle of nowhere.

My heart raced as I feared for my life. What was he going to do to me?

I looked at Damian. He was taking his jacket off. In a minute his shirt was off too. His bare chest and sculpted upper body shone brightly under the red light.

I was just looking at him when he pulled me up and tossed me onto the bed. I scrambled to run away but he caught me and pinned me on the bed. Trapping me in his arms, he positioned his body on top of me and pushed my hands above my head. I squirmed and tried to break free but he was too strong. "Stop moving or I will fucking slap the shit out of you," he growled.

Tears overflowed when I felt his weight upon me. My wrists ached as he twisted and squeezed them with his big hands.

He looked like the devil in the red light--ruthless, unforgiving and sadistic. Taking pleasure in every second of my suffering as I struggled under him. Watching me, as I screamed for help and cried incessantly. He seemed to love it. It was like he thrived on pain.

He bent down closer to my face--his lips brushing against my neck, his hot breath mixed with his exotic perfume sent a spasm down my body, causing me to curl my toes. After tracing my neck with his lips, and almost biting me, he whispered,"I can fuck you, right here, right now! You are under me, powerless and helpless. There's no one to help you," he pulled away, leaving me gasping for air and continued, "but tonight it's about punishment. It's about teaching you a lesson." With that, he got off me and placed a cigarette in the corner of his mouth. His big hands then searched the pockets of his black trousers for a match, and finally it was found.

He inhaled deeply and walked towards the window, leaving me to a view of his bare and well built back.

I shuddered, for it was cold. The fear of not knowing what was happening to me ran amuck in my mind.

After throwing his cigarette away, he pulled a table out of the corner and placed it in the middle.

I raised myself up to see what it was, but couldn't figure out what exactly it was. I could only see a strange setup, with two holes in the middle, and iron chains dangling up from the sides. I got shocked and started panicking when I saw two handcuffs lying on the table. I immediately looked at Damian, who was standing and looking at me furiously with a leather whip in his hand.