𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

• • • • • • •

• • • • • • •

charlotte stretched her arms and yawned. it was earlier than usual for the boys to be up and making noise, so she made her way down the ladder to see what was up.
alex was practicing his stick tricks. luke plucked away at an acoustic guitar while reggie jotted in a notebook next to him, leaning over to murmur something every once in a while.

"morning, boys." she gave them a tired smile.

"hey, char." reggie looked up from his notebook. "how'd you sleep?"

"i'm guessing she didn't." luke wiggled his eyebrows. "is that reg's flannel?"

"shut up, dude." alex kicked his friend from across the coffee table.
"i'm really sorry about him." he said to char.

"it's fine. patterson's just jealous of me." she pushed luke's legs off of the couch and sat down.

"so that's what you two were doing last night." he teased. "i thought i heard something."

reggie closed his notebook and hit luke in the face with it.
"you're the worst."

luke pouted and rubbed his cheek.

"whatcha guys working on there?" she nodded to the notebook that reggie tossed onto the coffee table.

"it's our songwriting notebook." luke said, picking it up. he leafed through a few pages and frowned. "home is where my horse is?"

"that's a gift." reggie smirked.

"for the last time, reg, we're not releasing a country album." he rolled his eyes.

"let me see." charlotte giggled and snatched the notebook out of his hands. she snickered at the country lyrics, and flipped to the next page.
"little things," she raised her eyebrows, "girl almighty," she flipped to the next page. "i want to write you a song..."
she read a few of the lyrics out loud.
"one to make your heart remember me, so anytime i'm gone you can listen to my voice and sing along..."
she looked up as reggie's cheeks flushed red.
"who wrote this? i didn't know you guys were such romantics."

"we're-we're not." reggie protested, and reached for the notebook. with one last glance at the messily written lyrics, she closed it and handed it back to luke.

"i mean, those two..." he pointed to the last on and 'little things', "are all mushy and stuff. i don't know if i'd call girl almighty a love song." luke explained. "reg thought of it after he met-"