Chapter 3 | I Believe She Said She Was "Channelling Her Anger"

Start from the beginning

Jake smirks and I groan praying internally that Jake doesn't act well...like himself.

"Why are we still standing around here?? Come on people let's move!" Sierra shouts striding over to Jake's car.

'~'

"Yo Abigail! We're back!!" Austin shouts bursting into the diner, heading towards her. The rest of us trail in, the current topic of conversation being the game tonight.

"Do you think you'll win tonight?" Kara teases asking Jake following them to their usual spot, a corner booth at the other end of the diner.

"Without a doubt, it's the Panthers. The last time they won a game was when mom and dad were sophomores." Jake scoffs. 

"That's a bit dramatic." I inform him, rolling my eyes.

Before Jake can respond, Abigail comes to our table, a huge grin on her face with Austin.

"What can I get for y'all?" She asks cheerily. She looked around our age with long blonde hair tied up in a tight ponytail and the brightest blue eyes.

"The better question is what can I get for you?" Austin smoothly quips, sliding into his seat. The second Austin sits, Chase hits the backside of his head.

"Okay...what is with the abuse I'm receiving today?"

"Stop with your corny pick up lines."

"Not all of us can have a perfect relationship Chase." Austin retorts back.

"I'll have a double cheeseburger with fries and a large milkshake." Sierra calls out over the arguing, sending death glares at Austin.

We all give her our orders and she leaves with them, but not before Austin winks at her again.

"Bro what happened to Bailey?" Jake asks him and Austin gets a confused look on his face.

"Who?" Kara almost facepalms at that.

"The girl you literally haven't stopped chasing for the past week." Kara informs him.

"Oh! Yeah, she's not giving in fast enough to my charm. I can't be held up."

"Charm?! Chico, my houseplant has more charm than you. There's a reason this Bailey chick hasn't fallen for you." Sierra says, scoffing.

Travis basically chokes on air and highfives Sierra.

As we wait for our food, Dwight turns to me. "Are you ready for your first football game back?"

"I guess? It's going to be weird for sure. I have missed it though. Friday night lights used to be my favorite time of the year." I tell him and he smiles sadly at me.

I tug on his cheek and he playfully slaps my hand away.

"Stop frowning, your face will get stuck like that." I tell him, causing him to roll his eyes at me.

Abigail arrives with our food impressively balanced on arms and hands. I swear, I see love hearts in Austin's eyes as he chats her up.

We tell her thanks and she leaves us to dig in like the animals we are. As we're eating Travis begins talking about the next tattoo he's getting.

His dad's a tattoo artist, so it's easy for him to get tattoos, being under eighteen. He already has a sleeve on his left arm and more on his neck that often peek out under his shirts.

"Where are you getting this one?" Jake asks him, taking a bite of his burger.

"Probably on my ribs. I've been wanting one there for a while." He tells him.