~:(" Chapter One "):~

~:(" Ely's Arrival "):~

This is a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. The uncontrollable thumping of my anxious heart and the uncertainty that swirls around in my head.

Why am I feeling this? It's not like I haven't met these people before and besides, I don't know if anyone's even arrived yet. I could be the first one here, which is most likely since I was the first one to finish packing and buy my plane ticket - typical me, always planning ahead even when I know not everything is certain.

I shook my head at myself, now just moments away from mine and my friends' new home, it didn't take me long to walk here from the bus stop, which is decent since I'd be using it quite a bit to travel to and from work.

"Oh my God," I mumbled as I stared up at the tall building in front of me which I would soon be calling home. It was made from white stone and dark wood, the materials blending beautifully.

My feelings from before then disappeared, them switching to a more exciting pulse in my chest, moving here is definitely the best choice I've made in a long time, I'm already in love with my new home and I haven't even been inside it yet.

I then wandered over to the front door, pulling my key from my pocket on my way there, a spring evident in my step as I squeaked excitedly through my nose - the moment I had been waiting for, for the past six to seven years has finally arrived!

But I stopped myself as I went to insert the key, my fear from before returning and causing my hands to shake - I haven't met these people face to face, only on a software platform on my laptop when I was younger. What if they're not who they seem? What if I give them the wrong impression?

Several more questions swam around my mind as I frowned.

"No," I said firmly to myself. "You're just trying to scare yourself out of this. You know these people and you know that they care for you, don't turn back now."

Though I was hesitant, I inserted the key and twisted it, the clicking sound of the lock bringing back my excitement from just mere moments ago. A hitched breath slipping from my nose as I squeezed my eyes shut and opened the door quickly, my racing heartbeat unable to decide whether it was excited or scared - heck, maybe I'm both!

I then scarcely opened my left eye, it scanning the area before me; it was empty besides a narrow staircase that rested on the left-hand side of the entrance corridor. That must mean that no one else has arrived yet.

A smirk formed on my lips as I stepped inside and shut the door behind me. Since nobody else is here, that means I get first dibs on picking rooms.

"Hell yeah." I giggled before jogging up the stairs to the second floor, it having three separate hallways which caused me to choke in confusion - how many rooms are there?

I looked down each of the hallways, them all having four doors along the walls. I then quickly calculated in my head before I blurted, "twelve rooms?!"

Still baffled, I begin making my way down the corridor that was adjacent to the staircase and went into the first room. It was massive! The carpet was a soft tan colour and the walls were an off-white, giving the room a bright atmosphere which made me smile. It had a bay window with a windowsill that had been turned into a little bench by the people who had lived here before me and my friends.

"This is the one," I said, my already formed smile widening as I gently rested my hand against the wall. "This is going to be my new room."

- - ~ : ( End of Chapter One ) : ~ - -

Hi, y'all! I just wanted to say thank you for reading!
I've written and rewritten this book multiple times on various accounts and I've never really been "proud" of any of them, but this one seems to be pleasing me so far.
Feel free to leave criticism and ideas in the comments if you have any and please vote! It would really help me gather motivation to keep writing the story for those tho enjoy it! :)