🥀Teri Chahat Kay Hisaar Main🥀

Start from the beginning

"Ma'am, you need to eat." The same female voice said again, the voice was now close to her.

Inara raised her hand and swatted in the motion that said 'go away', without looking in her direction.

The woman sighed sadly, she felt pity for her employee. She had to through so much in such a young age of twenty night and no one to help her cope with it.

"You can't go hungry, you need to eat your medicine as well." Martha repeated the same procedure she did every day for the past two months.

"Go away Martha." The same hollow voice replied just like daily.

"I'll place the food here, please eat it." Martha placed the food next to her chair where she was sure that Inara will pick it up. "I'll come back in twenty minutes with the medicine."

Martha shot her a final look of empathy and walked out of the room, praying for the young woman in her heart. She prayed that she gets so much happiness that she forgets about her grief and loss. She prayed that God makes it easy for her in every way possible.

When Martha came back exactly twenty minutes later to an empty plate of food kept in the same place she had left. One thing Martha was thankful about was that at least she ate her food despite refusing it at first.

Martha proceeded to put the medicine in her hands and handing the water to her. Inara quickly swallowed the medicine and drank the water to wash it down.

"Ma'am, there was a letter for you that came in the morning." Martha informed her as she took the glass of water from her hands.

Inara nodded in reply. "Urdu or English?" She asked.

"I don't know ma'am." Martha said and took out the letter from the pocket of her dress.

"If it is in urdu, throw it away." Inara said with heavy emotions lacing her voice.

"It's in English madam." Martha answered after opening the letter.

"Who is it from?"

"It says Rehana, no surname."

Inara sat up straighter in her chair, her eyes starting to well up hearing that name. The name so familiar that never felt strange to her. "R-read it Martha." She said eagerly, biting her lips to not start crying. All the memories came rushing back at that name.

"Inara," Martha started to read the letter. "I never imagined that one day I would have to write a letter to you like this. I didn't have the courage to phone you, so I sent this letter. I can understand what you are going through right now and believe me, my heart is aching just by thinking about you." Martha wiped the tears that flowed down her face at the words.

"Samra was my best friend, we were as close as two sisters. I regret ever losing touch with her and I will always have that regret, I can't even apologise to her now. I cry every day thinking how you are alone there, the last keepsake of my sister. Inara, I want you to come back to Pakistan. If Samra has ever spoken about me with any love in her voice, I want you to come back for that love. I am sending you a plane ticket for a week later, if you want to return, I will be waiting. I'll wait for you every day Inara in hopes that you won't reject my love. With love, Rehana." Martha sniffed and closed the letter.