Chapter 8: Begin the Blitz

Start from the beginning

"Pidge and Mathias, when were they a thing?" Keith asked, almost in mockery in spite of Pidge, who hid her face slightly.

"I'll tell you all about it later, buddy!" Lance smirked, but quickly shrunk when he noticed a very ominous death glared from Pidge's eyes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though Mathias knew the Coalition forces were close, he wanted to make sure he had enough time to spare. He hopped into his fighter and ignited his engines, lifting off from the hangar and flying out of the Castle. Not even a few seconds later, he spotted a small force of the Coalition nearby a ship and building. Enhancing the image, he could make out the figure of Matt. He looked for the largest place he could land, which happened to be next to the Coalition fighters. As he slowed down, he switched the fighter to GERWALK mode as he landed near the fighters, all of whom averted their eyes to see him. He opened the cockpit hatch and jumped out of the cockpit, landing on his fighter's mechanical hand before jumping down onto the hard ground. He landed with a grunt before walking up to the Coalition fighters.

"Mathias Anderson, and here I thought I wouldn't see my sister's boyfriend around here again!" Matt joked as he approached the pilot.

Mathias's cheeks became red, "we're not BF and GF yet, dumbass," he said as the two gave a brotherly embrace.

"Mathias, this is Captain Olia, commander of the Coalition forces," Matt introduced him to a canine wearing an older pilot's gear.

The Canine extended her paw out to him, "pleasure to meet you!"

"Likewise!" Mathias said as he shook her paw. He then gave a salute to her, "1st Lieutenant Mathias Hunter Anderson, leader of Aigaion squadron, reporting as ordered, Captain!"

Matt looked at him in confusion, "wait, I never knew you led a squadron before?"

"Err... long story," Mathias said solemnly, he cleared his throat, "a-anyway, Shiro asked me to accompany the Coalition with dealing the cannon orbiting Teq, so I'm here to assist!"

"Good timing," Olia smirked, "we were just about to take off! Alright, everyone! Into your ships! We're leaving now!!" Everyone jumped up and ran to their ships, Mathias nodded and rushed back to his fighter. He hopped onto the giant hand and into the cockpit, closing the hatch as he did so. He could see numerous Coalition fighters fly up into the sky, and he took off from the skies to join. Looking at the ships that surrounded him, Mathias examined the ships from multiple angles and frowned. These weren't designed to be an extreme fighter like his, they were more of an armored personnel carrier than a fighter. Still, the feeling of being surrounded by numerous of the same ships felt familiar. It felt just like how he was with the Spacy and Chaos. He smiled a little, it felt like a little taste of home. As they shot out of the atmosphere, a bright, blue, circular wormhole opened up and all the ships phased through it, entering a wormhole jump.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The many ships of the Coalition force exited the wormhole, along with Mathias' fighter. Immediately, their surroundings became apparent. They had jumped out and into an asteroid belt, that or fragments of another astral body. Everything seemed still, as no enemy fighters or ships were in sight. Were they at the wrong coordinates?

A large asteroid moved slowly out of the way, slowly revealing a large supership, its profile high and mighty towards the smaller ships.

"Woah... that thing is huge!" Mathias said to himself as he looked at the barrel of the ship. For some strange reason, it reminded him greatly of the Macross Cannons. He wasn't sure why, but he shrugged it off as an intimidation factor. All the ships soon took up an offensive formation, with Mathias and Captain Olia spearheading the assault.