Chapter 83: Pulse of darkness

Start from the beginning

To allow Xie Luan to move around freely on the ark battleship. This meant there was no restriction on Xie Luan anywhere on the battleship, and it actually gave the other party great power.

However, while having given the youth so much power, this nox nevertheless seemed awfully indifferent to the former's performance at this moment. This made many people in the main hall really unable to understand their leader's way of thinking.

Especially after later reaching at Loren that very day, when the other coldly issued a ban on the youth, prohibiting the other from leaving the central city.

Loren was a planet occupied by their legion. It was originally a place two other races had fought over due to the abundance of energy crystals on the planet.

But as for their leader being truly indifferent towards this youth... After having arrived at Loren, the accommodation arranged for the other was a place with the best conditions. Contradictions like these made it hard for them to understand.

Shortly after Xie Luan had asked the first question and heard the answer, the battleship had already arrived at Loren. Because of this, he wasn't able to say more than a few words to Ya Yi in the main hall of the battleship.

But during that brief conversation, Xie Luan had not perceived any indifference from this nox. Even after getting off the ship, Xie Luan rather felt as if the other was intentionally avoiding him

Whatever you wished to ask, you couldn't if you weren't able to meet them.

He was actually not far from there. The nox was staying in a nearby floating tower. At the top of the tower, a spatial mirror image was unfolding before Ya Yi's eyes.

He was using an ability to show the scene of a specific location. The nox looked at the mirror image with no expression on his face, but the silver tail behind him slightly tilted up a bit.

What appeared in the mirror image was a human youth.

When he received the shared memories, Ya Yi saw what the other world's "self" experienced in the memories.

From the moment he met the youth, everything around him seemed to have become beautiful. He would have warm and happy feelings when he guarded this treasure.

He stayed at the top of this floating tower and watched the youth using the spatial mirror for a long time. All the way into the evening, when he saw the youth lay down on the bed and close his eyes. He estimated it would take the youth half an hour to enter deep sleep. Ya Yi waited, then cut open the space and reached the room where Xie Luan was.

Through the window not far from the bed, the light and soft moonlight could be seen. The nox stood by the bed. He lowered his head slightly to quietly gaze at the youth who appeared deep in slumber.

He would merely look closely like this for a while, he wouldn't harm this person.

The number of times when he lost control had increased recently, from once in a few months to once in a few weeks. Ya Yi could clearly feel the hidden darkness in his heart expanding.

When losing control, he would shortly enter a killing frenzy in which he couldn't distinguish between enemy and ally. Apart from venting on the battlefield, he would normally suppress this loss of control entirely himself.

Too many negative emotions had accumulated over time. Ya Yi could often hear the pulse of darkness in his own heart. This black emotion guided him towards destruction.

It was the hero who saves the world, and the monster was responsible for destroying the world. Ya Yi had not opposed this guidance.

The youth on the bed should be asleep. After watching for a while, the nox standing at the bedside finally bent down and gently lifted the youth's left hand that was outside the quilt, placing it on his head.

Very happy.

Unfamiliar with this feeling, Ya Yi's thoughts still lingered on this.

But he could not stay for too long.

He squinted his eyes slightly as he felt the warmth from the youth's palm. Almost a bit content, this nox put the youth's hand back to its original place and stood up straight.

Intending to cut the space and leave the same way he came, Ya Yi focused on the portal that had just been torn open in front of him.

But just when the other was about to take a step forward; Xie Luan, who was lying on the bed, opened his eyes and reached out, grabbing the cold looking silver tail behind the nox.

----------
[1] - Ravi is the kuwei cub's name. ><

______________