A chance encounter

You stood in front of the shop. The LOTTE World tower shined in the distance. The big, bustling metropole of Seoul came into full life. It was around 8am. Most of the people were already up, working hard like almost all Koreans were.  Distant shouting from taxidrivers, sirens and mumbles echoed in the wide streets. The glowing buildings touched the sky. You were not supposed to be out of here, but you wanted to escape the golden cage of your agency. You wanted to see normal life again, a life you left three years ago when you got accepted. 

Your smartphone vibrated. Your girlfriend wrote you a message.

"Where are you right now? I am in the area for a promotion, so I thought we could meet."

Your smartphone vibrated again.

"WHITEPUNK IN YOUR AREA *smile*", she wrote. 

You had to smile too, but did not answer immediately. Just as you were about to enter the shop, your smartphone vibrated again. The smartphone showed the news of the day.  You scrolled to them, only to stop suddenly. You rubbed your eyes, then looked again. The headline was still there. 

"Jennie from WHITEPUNK Dates Mark from LEBOYS". 

Flustered, you mumbled to yourself. "What a bunch of bullshit. Its not true. It can not be true..."

"Oh, is she together with you?", a person next to you said. You looked up. 

The attractive girl smiled at you, while she pulled her head back. She was looking at your phone.  Long black hairs and a gushing eye smile reminded you of the special someone in your life. Her effortless outfit of a black top and blue jeans was topped off with a bag by one of those fancy brands you knew nothing about. Not because you were not well off but because you just didn't give a damn about fashion. Your blue hoody and washed out jeans bore witness to that. The only fancy thing that you wore were the sunglasses that your manager gave you. You were not interested in fashion. You had all those bitchy people in your agency who gave you stuff and then complained about your lack of fashion sense. 

"Well, I did not know you were dating a KPOP Idol", she  continued with a voice as sweet as honey. 

I hope she doesnt recognize who I am. 

You tried to remain calm, but nervously rubbed your neck. 

"Yeah, I am a little bit delulu", you said. "You know, I am just a fan." 

She laughed and was hiding her perfect teeths behind her elegant hands. 

"Well, If you are finished with being in a daydream..." She paused and looked at you cutely, yet with a demanding undertone, "we can meet up for a coffee or something." 

You did not know how to deal with the situation.

What the heck I am supposed to do... 

"What's up with the hesistation?" She raised one of her perfectly plucked eyebrows. "I mean, you are not really in a relationship with a KPOP Idol, are you?"

"No, no, no... I was just..."

"Day Dreaming?" She reached out to shake your hand. You shook hands while she played with your fingers.

What the heck...  

"My Name is Song Ara. What's yours?"

"YN."

"Well, YN. You do seem familiar. Like I have seen you somewhere before.", she said. Her face was serious and she buried her chin between her forefinger and thumb. 

You sweated. The summer weather did not help. 

"I have to go to the university now. I hope you call me." 

She smiled, then turned around and flawlessly walked out of the shop. 

"What?", you mumbled again, only to see she stuffed something in the left pocket of your jeans. You pulled it out.  A phone number was written on the yellow card. 

 With an exalted gasp, you grabbed the coke from the refrigerator and whanged it on the counter. Your fingertips were feeling the  water that ran down on the icecold beverage. You needed this in the sweaty summer weather. 

"What's wrong?", the kind old lady asked.

"Everything's okay.", you said while lying to yourself. 

You drove home and were taking the subway as usual when you were out by yourself in defiance of the rules. Finally, taking the subway like a normal person. 

You got a message again. Your manager wrote you: "Where are you, you little brat? I told you to stay in your fucking dorm and to not make a move. if someone takes a picture of you looking like a bin, you're  fucking dead!" 

You swiftly hammered on the smartphone: "I love you too, manager." 

As you scrolled through the news again, you grew irritated again. 

Jennie has not cheated on me, has she? No, that can't be true. No, no, no.... 

I'm open for both grammatical and story criticism. Thank you in advance. 

YN = Your Name (You, the Reader). Cursive font: your thoughts. 

This story is completely fictional and does not seek to degrade anyone. To make that clear, Jennie is in the group "WHITEPUNK" in the story.