Memories

Harrison POV

We have been on the road for over a month and in Tropic for three days.  Axel found this little studio flat to rent and we have been staying there. Traveling around the area during the day and then coming back at night.  Today we are heading out to the national park.  It is hot and the trees should give us some shade from the sun.

I look over at Axel "had that dream again last night only this time it seemed a bit clearer.  I felt my self change.  But couldn't tell what into" I tell him he glances at me "it didn't wake you up?" he asks "no, I've had it so many times I must be getting use to it.  I also think its a memory from my before I was 8" I tell him.  

He nods "could be, maybe to protect yourself, you forgot about it, until you were old enough to cope with whatever happened" he suggests.  I nod my head "yeah, we learnt about how fragile the brain is.  It is amazing when you think about all the different ways it can protect itself" I agree.

We have packed a picnic today and will eat it once we reach the lake.  I hum along with the song playing and watch the world past by.  I feel good hiking, the trees offer shade from the sun and the fresh air is wonderful.  

I'm beginning to feel better about my stupid break up.  It's his lost, Axel as always, has been great.  Even though I'm wracking his sleep due to my dreams and shit.  I smile as we walk up a steep trail.  

"I feel like I could howl" I say and Axel turns around and looks at me "like scream?" he asks making me laugh "no like howl, to show how happy I feel right now" I clarify.  He smiles with me and we continue up the trail.

The day is a good one we are sitting beside a mirror like lake, just under the trees for shade.  We have had, our packed lunch and now just sitting back soaking it all in.  

"I could live in a place like this" I say Axel looks at me and smiles "really? Mr. I need my coffee in a to go cup?" he jokes and I nudge him with my foot.  "If I had someone next to me that accepted me for me, I'd be happy to live in a place like this" I say sighing happily.  

"Should we go for a swim?" I ask standing up and taking of my T-shirt.  I smile as I strip my shorts off.  I run into the water and dive into it.  I come up gasping as its way cooler than I thought it would be.  Axel is just taking his shorts off.  I watch as he runs into the water. "Shit, this is cold" he cries making me laugh.  

I swim to a rock sticking up from the surface of the lake and climb out.  As I dive back in I hear Axel shout "no, its" I hit my head on another rock that is under the surface so, don't hear anymore.  

I surface feeling the world spin.  I put my hand to my head and then pull my hand away to see blood.  "Harri, shit, here let's get out" Axel says swimming up to me and putting his arm around my waist.  "Sorry Axel, I didn't think" I apologise.  

He pulls me out and sits me back against a tree trunk.  "Crap why isn't it healing?" he swears

"You know head wounds bleed a lot" I try and comfort him.  "It isn't closing, shit hang on" he says and grabs his T-shirt and rips a strip from the bottom.  I feel him pinch the wound shut before wrapping the strip around my head.  "You're going to need stitches.  I had thought you'd start to heal now?" he mutters "Axel, my head is spinning" I gasp and then bend over and throw up.  

He pulls my T-shirt over my head and then pulls his shorts on.  He then puts my legs into my shorts and puts my arms around his neck and lifts me so he can pull them up.  He sticks my shoes back on and pulls his on.  

I close my eyes and my head spins more, "hang in there, I'll get you to a docs" Axel says putting our backpack onto his front and then putting me on his back.  He starts to run back down the way we came.