13: LITTLE HANGLETON

Start from the beginning

Tom and Angelina stood in front a hotel, one of the only ones who looked in good state. They both exchanged glances and entered the building. An old lady was situated at the reception behind a counter. The building from inside was average but it was clean. The two approached the counter.

Tom rung the bell which was placed on the counter near a vase making himself known. The lady peered at them from her spectacles and stood up.

"Welcome to the Little Hotel, dearies. How can I help you today?" The lady was short compared to the both; she had to slightly look up when she talked. She smiled warmly at Angelina and Tom. Angelina returned the smile, Tom however, not.

"We would like a room, preferably a one with windows." Tom said dismissively.

The lady immediately went through a register and pulled out a page.

"I need you two to sign your names here."

Tom signed first and passed the paper to Angelina. He did not sign his name. The name Jordan Matthews was signed. Angelina took the pen and signed her name as, Charlotte Matthews. It was the only name she could come up with.

Tom saw that she got the memo and handed the paper back to the lady.

"Are you two together?" she questioned.

She literally signed the same last name as him.

"Yes." Tom curtly replied and the lady nodded. She turned around and got a key chain off a peg. She handed it to Tom.

"Room 17, it's the second one to your left on the second floor, dearies. Dinner will be served in the dining room. Have fun!"

"Come now, Angel." Tom softly said as he tugged her hand slightly.

They stood in front of the door of the room. Tom used the key to open the door. He opened the door for Angelina, she walked into the room. Tom closed the door behind him. The room was poorly lit, with a wave of her hand the room was illuminated but not overly.

Tom took his wand out, raised his hands and muttered a few silencing and concealing charms. He didn't want anyone as ordinary as a muggle to overhear anything.

The room, itself was decent. A queen sized bed was placed near the windows. Two side tables were at either of the bed. A desk was placed right beside the fire place and there was a door that presumably led to the bathroom.

Angelina set her bag down on an armchair and headed to the bed. She laid down with her legs dangling of the sides.

"I recommend you to freshen up and change before you decide to sleep."

Tom removed his coat, undid his cufflinks, and rolled his sleeves up. Angelina's gaze lingered onto his exposed arms for a bit and she rolled her eyes. Unexpected, she was.

"He talks." Angelina muttered.

Tom had sat down at the desk while Angelina stared up at the ceiling, her feet dangling from the bed. She was exhausted; her head was spinning thanks to apparition. She felt dizzy, her vision blurred a bit. She didn't feel good. She shot up and ran to the bathroom. She threw the door open and fell to her knees near the toilet. A painful cough left her body; she threw up into the toilet. The contents of her stomach emptied leaving her body aching. She flushed the toilet and her vomit was replaced.

"Do you need anything?"

"No, leave." Angelina mustered with a cough as she tried to stand. Of course he did not listen to her and maneuvered towards her.

"Tom, leave." Her voice was small as she steadied herself. She looked into the mirror, and then she looked at Tom. A sob left her mouth. "Something is going to happen, Tom. Something bad."