18. . . . a letter

Dear Mom and Dad,

Guess what? Julie and I have got some friends! We met on the train and had loads of fun along the way. We're all in Gryffindor! Yes Gryffindor. You won the bet Dad. Congrats.

They're really great. I'm sure you'll love them. They are a bit on the mischievous side but they've also been really kind and helpful.

James and Sirius got chosen for the Gryffindor quidditch team today and they've been ecstatic ever since. Well, they're pretty lively most of the time.

Remus likes to read too and we've been talking about our favourite books a lot. He's really nice and easy to talk to.

Peter seemed quite nervous at first but now he's more relaxed and very nice as well.

I learnt a lot of interesting things in class too. I particularly liked transfiguration and charms. By the way, Dad, you were right. History of magic wasn't exactly fun.

Don't worry mom. I wrote my notes properly.

We ran into Evangeline and Grace a while ago by the way. (I thought you said they would be moving to America in a few years..) But don't worry about us. I'm sure we'll be fine. Our friends have been really supportive too.

I hope everything's fine at home. Take care of yourself mom (I hope nothing happened after you came to drop us at the platform. I still think you should have stayed at home and rested.)
Dad, take care of yourself too. Don't miss us too much. Love you lots.

P.S. Give my love to Curtis too.

Love,
Ree