19. cousins & crushes

•[ 3rd Person ]•

The next day, the Slytherins arrived with their hair standing up on all sides, some refusing to enter the Great Hall out of embarrassment and others unsuccessfully trying their best to do the counter jinx. It was all really hilarious, especially Bellatrix's bushy black hair which looked like a fully grown tree.

The jinx couldn't be undone with a counter jinx and they had to wait for its effects to wear out. It was quite a memorable and amusing day.

Well, at least for the other students anyway.

Even Professor Dumbledore couldn't help chuckling at the sight of the Slytherins walking around trying to fit their "tall" hair through doors that day.

James, Sirius, Remus and Peter could fortunately avoid punishment. Remus hadn't been too keen on the idea at first, but found that he quite enjoyed it in the end. Mareena and Juliana couldn't help laughing either. They had to agree it was funny.

Days went by and they continued with their classes as usual. They had herbology with the Hufflepuffs quite a few times that week and Mareena and Juliana occasionally caught Evangeline and Grace glaring at them. In the corridors, they purposefully bumped into them to make them trip. But this didn't bother the two sisters at all. They enjoyed their blissful days at Hogwarts with their friends.

The two girls also became really close with their roommates- Lily, Marlene and Alice. The three girls had been surprised to hear about their abilities; however they were more shocked about the fact that Mareena and Juliana hadn't told them about it from the first.

All of them got along really well.
Lily would tell them about the different appliances muggles used such as toasters, fans and emergency alarm systems. In return, the two girls described the wizarding life style.

Marlene, with her jolly personality, was also really fun to hang out with. They talked about the different places they had travelled to with their families and shared their experiences.

The girls were also pleasantly surprised to see the goofy side of their friend, Alice, who they had initially assumed as rather shy.

Mareena and Juliana also occasionally met their cousin, Xenophilius, whenever they had classes with the Ravenclaws. They were quite close and had a good relationship.

Mareena also realised that although James and Sirius usually goofed around in class, they were actually quite smart and could do the spells without any apparent difficulty as long as they paid attention in class. Peter needed all the help he could get though.

Mareena usually studied and did her assignments in the library along with Remus, Juliana and Lily, where they couldn't be disturbed by James and Sirius.

The four boys meanwhile continued to prank the students. They weren't very lucky most of the times and ended up getting detention several times.

James, it seemed, had acquired more confidence after confessing his feelings for Lily to his friends and very shamelessly asked her out a million times a day. This was all in vain though, because Lily simply loathed him. Mareena, Juliana and Remus tried their best to make Lily see James' good side but to no avail.

"It's hopeless," Juliana remarked. "At this rate, James would start growing white hair by the time she says yes."