Why don't you stay over?

"Don't mess with me Shouta. I really will hurt you if you bother that chick again."

Shouta sighed,"Fine. However I am not backing down."

I returned to the nurses office and I peeked in and saw the nurse scold her sister. She relaxed and I saw her smile at her sister.

A smile that I never knew existed.

My fists clenched. How would it feel like to have that smile directed at ME?

She always has a scowl on her face and I knew that without a doubt she hated me.

I saw the nurses hands brush her throat and I saw a distant look cross her face.

When I went home I saw that my parents were angry.

"Ungrateful welp! Got into a fight did you?! Get out!"

I left the place with a bit of money and wandered the streets.

I didn't start the fight. If they hadn't challenged me there wouldn't have been a fight.

I saw the nurses sister buy some bread and she noticed me and she approached me.

"Um...........................Thank you for helping me earlier.............Why don't you have dinner with us? If you don't mind."

I was about to object when my curiousity got the best of me. How did the nurse live? Was she really poor like the guys of school said?

I nodded. I followed her to an area with alot of apartments and We entered a rather expensive old fahioned designed apartment.

"I''m home! Oh Hana I brought a friend!"

The nurses first name was Hana?

"Got it! Help cut the apples into rabbits will you? "

Shiro entered the kitchen and I saw something that never in my life would I ever imagine.

The nurse was wearing a frilly white apron and she was wearing beige shorts and a short sleeved white shirt.

She was busy cutting open some shrimp so she didn't see me.

I stared at her shoulder how her short brown hair curled around her shoulders instead of being in a tight ponytail.

"Oh. Shiro's friend thank you for coming and please feel free to sit down while I finish cooking."

She sounded very pleasant. Like she was talking to an old friend.

She turned around with a huge carefree smile on her face and it vanished as soon as she saw me.

"EH?!" She paled an she ripped off her apron and I sat down at her table.

"She invited me to come here."

"Hana he helped me."

The nurse sighed.

"Eat up. Shiro sit down."

She put plates of steaming food infront of us and she sat down herself and though she didn't like me I felt her soften up.

"So Ren. Why are you out so late? "

I flinched at the question. I didn't expect her to ask me such a question.

"I am planning to stay at a hotel until I feel like returning home."

The nurse frowned. "Why don't you just go home? Don't tell me your parents kicked you out."

I could tell she was joking but, I kept silent.

"No way seriously? They just kicked you -?"

"Why don't you stay with us? We have a spare room......................."

"Shiro!"

"Hana! We can't let him die on the streets! What if there are gangsters?"

I scoffed.

I WAS a gangster.

Hana ran a hand through her hair

"I guess you can stay over..........................................................................................................."

She looked unhappy and I felt my insides turn to mush.

I get to see more of her than anyone else.