fifteen

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy. kyotani smiled, something he hadn't done in forever.

warnings: none :) 

~

You smiled at Kyotani and took his hand in yours, brushing on some highlight to your cheek. You didn't spend much time on your makeup, just eyeliner, eyelashes, and highlight, along with a bit of lipstick in a nude shade. It was only out in public, so you weren't really worried about how you looked. Besides, the person you were trying to impress was right in behind you.

Kyotani's head was still resting on your back, and he was trying to keep himself from falling asleep, but you just let him. You had another hour before you actually had to leave with Iwaizumi, and you were meeting your parents at the restaurant. 

"Kentarou, babe, don't fall asleep, okay?" you hummed, and Kyotani grunted in response. He couldn't help it, you always kept him calm and relaxed, which made him tired. Not that he minded, or anything, and it was nice to actually get some decent sleep. That was one of the perks of having you as his girlfriend, he was able to get some decent sleep, and it was only when he was cuddled up next to you. 

You set down your brush and let go of Kyotani's hand to put away your makeup. Once you finished putting it away, you turned around and sat in front of Kyotani, pulling him into a hug. He instantly wrapped his arms around your waist, letting his forehead rest on your shoulder. You rubbed his back with one hand and gently scratched his head with the other. You could hear his breathing calm down, but you didn't want him to fall asleep, so you halted your movements. He grunted in response to the loss of relaxing movements. 

"Come on, let's go see Iwaizumi and Tara. No getting high, though. We're officially meeting my parents today for dinner. Come," you smiled, standing up and reaching your hand out for him. He took it, standing up himself and intertwining your fingers together. You didn't let go of his hand and you led him downstairs to where Iwaizumi and Tara were sitting, watching one of his volleyball games on TV. 

Tara heard the noises and turned your head, smiling at you guys. You were standing on the bottom step, peering around to make sure no funny business was going on, and Kyotani was holding your hand with one, and gently holding your shirt with the other because apparently you were 'going too fast' and he 'wanted you to slow down'. He's like a big baby, but you didn't mind. 

"Hi guys," you exclaimed, sitting down on the couch across from Tara and Iwaizumi. Tara had her legs across Iwaizumi's lap, and one of Iwaizumi's hands was on her thighs, holding them close to him. "What game is this, Hajime?" 

"The first one against Karasuno. They backed us into a corner on this one, but we managed to pull through. I just wanted to watch it and see our mistakes," Iwaizumi replied, his eyes not coming off the TV screen. You chuckled.