six

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy. kyotani smiled, something he hadn't done in forever.

warnings: drug usage, alcohol usage, false rape accusations, actual rape

~

you and Kyotani entered your house. he was the only one you could speak to right now. it was frustrating that you weren't even allowed to talk to your own brother, but life goes on i guess.

"hi mom, i'm home early today. can we talk about something?" you called out to your mom, who was currently in the kitchen doing something. "also, i brought Kyotani with me. it's a long story why."

"well come sit, i have plenty of time to hear your story. Kyotani, you too. do you want any water or anything?" your mother asked the both of you. you and Kyotani took off your shoes and bags, and made your way to the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"do we have any pop?"

your mom smiled. "of course we do! what kind of mother do you think I am?"

you giggled. you watched your mother pour two glasses of the pop and then she set the glasses in front of you. "so, tell me about this story."

"well, it's a really long one. are you prepared? you may want to sit down for this," you joked. in reality, it was really long, even Kyotani knew that.

your mother grabbed a stool from underneath the island and sat down across from you both. "okay, i'm ready," she said. you smiled.

"well, we have to go back a bit because this is where it starts: so, about 6 months ago, i had a huge crush on Kunimi, you remember him?"

your mother nodded.

"well anyway, i was about to confess but him and this girl showed up together. i was really confused until he told me who she was. i was really hurt, buy he seemed happy so i didn't want to intrude. we stayed friends for a while, up until recently when something 'supposedly' happened.

"about 2 weeks ago, I asked Kunimi for help reaching a ball that got thrown on the top shelf in the storage closet. it was after practice so we were both sweaty and hot. we had joint practice that day, so we were both in the gym. apparently we spent quite a bit of time in there, because everyone got worried when we came out." you let out the breath that you had accidentally been holding in.

"his girlfriend saw us come out of the storage closet together and that's where things officially began. she accused me of stealing her boyfriend and all that bullshit, but i had just asked him for help reaching a ball. anyway, after that, she practically banned me from talking to him. up until a few days ago, he hadn't spoken a single word to me, at all.