four

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy. kyotani smiled, something he hadn't done in forever.

warnings: drug use and alcohol usage

~

you kept your gaze out of your window. you were happy to be here with Oikawa, but some people like that girl from earlier were making you very angry.

"did you give her your number?" you asked, trying to make small talk. you were a little frustrated about it, but who cares.

"can we talk about it later? I don't want to ruin the rest of the date," oikawa asked. you nodded.

Oikawa pulled into the parking lot of a jewelry store and smiled at you. you turned to face him. "what are we doing here?" you asked. he just smiled at you and left the car. you followed along and you both went inside.

"Oikawa!" the lady behind the desk squealed, coming up and giving him a hug. he smiled at her and said hello, and handed her the sand.

she took the sand from him and headed to the back. Oikawa took your hand and squeezed it. "don't worry, you'll like it. i promise," he assured. you nodded and squeezed his hand back.

a little while later, the lady came out and handed Oikawa a little black box. your eyes widened when he handed you the box.

you let go of his hand and opened the box. it revealed a small ring, with what looked like it was made out of sea glass.

you looked up at Oikawa, a little confused. he laughed. "don't worry, i'm not proposing. its just a ring that i figured i'd get you from our first official date. that's why the beach was significant. now put it on," he told you, gesturing to the box.

you smiled and pulled out the ring, slipping it onto your ring finger. you held out your hand and admired the ring.

you jumped and hugged Oikawa. "thank you," you whispered in his ear when he wrapped his arms around you.

he smiled. "of course, princess," he replied, kissing your forehead gently. "now come on, we have one more stop to make."

[ T I M E
S K I P ]

Oikawa pulled into his driveway and helped you out of the car. "i had fun today," he told you,  pulling you in for a hug. "thank you for bearing with me on all our stops."

you wrapped your arms around his back. "of course. it was fun. i'm glad we got to spend time together today," you replied. you pulled away from the hug and planted a gentle kiss on his cheek. "i better get home before Iwaizumi gets angry."