thirteen

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy

"kyotani, i think you're the right one," you whispered to the boy. kyotani smiled, something he hadn't done in forever.

warnings: drug usage

~

it was currently saturday morning, and you had planned for Kyotani to come over later. he couldn't stay after your date yesterday because he needed to help his mom make dinner, which was a little disappointing, but you understood. 

you flopped down on your bed, taking a hit off the vape your brother gave you, and blew the smoke up at the ceiling. if you were being honest, you were tired. tired from everything. you just wanted the stress to be over. 

you stuck your hand up in the air, admiring the ring. it really was beautiful, and it was honestly better than Oikawa's.

you brought your arm back down and sat in silence for a moment, until your phone rang. you grabbed it from the beside table, answering it quickly without moving or looking at the caller ID.

"hello?" you answered, the phone laying on your chest since it was on speaker phone.

"Hey (Name), it's Makki. I just wanted to call and ask how you were doing. I know I haven't been calling or texting for a while, but i wanted to make sure you were doing okay," Makki said. it was nice to have him call you.

"hey Makki. I'm doing fine. Kyotani bought me a ring yesterday, i'll send you pictures so you can show the guys. karasuno is getting ready for nationals and i'm a little nervous, only because i've never been a manager at a real game before, so it's making me a little anxious. anyway, how's Mattsun and everyone else?"

"We're doing good. even though volleyball's over, us third years can't help but keep practicing all the time. did i tell you that after we lost to karasuno, we ate and then us five practiced afterwards? then Oikawa made us cry, and i swear i've never seen Iwaizumi cry."

you laughed. "now that i think about it, me either, and I live with him. good, i'm glad you guys are doing okay. i thought you blocked my number though, how'd you get it back?"

"well i unblocked you a while ago, i just had to keep up the act for the stupid girls, ya know? do you know how many times Iwaizumi's threatened to hit them because of what they've done to you? he even beat up Oikawa, and we all struggled to pull him off. Kyotani almost jumped in too, and whipped Oikawa's ass, but Yahaba held him back," Makki explained, his free hand waving around in the air. "it was seriously a struggle."

"yeah, i would imagine it was. that was the day he called me at lunch and i needed to pick him up. anyway, Makki, thank you for calling me. I needed it. I've been feeling really stressed lately, so the phone call was nice," you sighed, smiling. you really did miss them all. "oh and I miss you guys."