An Unexpected Ally

Start from the beginning

"But I saw something in that pair the other day that made me start thinking."

You mean Mugman? Cup inquired.

"Yes. I have never seen such a relationship between host and parasite before. Perhaps they are right....that there is another way of life. But we'll never know that if we are stuck in this rift of Hell. If I help you beat up this tyrant and save your family, will you give me a chance to prove myself something other than a mindless creature of destruction?" The dark voice asked with a hint of optimism. "I want to know what exists out there, what made our ally change his mind."

It didn't take Cuphead but a second to realize that this demon meant what he said.

Deal! The young cup shouted inside his head. He felt the creature proceed to enter his soul. Its squishy gray and translucent center squirmed itself into the boy's cup. It seemed to absorb through his head straight into the soul. Cup's body tensed up as he prepared to feel that awful snapping and growing pain of the transformation. And it did hurt, but not nearly as much as he was expecting. For the creature realized that such a fusion caused great stress to the host. And in this case, the cup child needed his strength to fight the dark overlord.

David saw that one of his minions entered the boy's soul. However, he failed to realize that it was the exact one that had started to turn against him. The Devil pulled Cuphead away from the portal and let him flop around on the cavern floor. A sly smile came over the demonic creature's face. He stepped back and awaited his slave to rise up. The cup's body stopped thrashing around and lay on its stomach as it stopped growing and mutating. Clawed hands pushed him up a little. Cup kept his eyes closed as his oversized head seemed to weigh him down a bit. Shallow breaths escaped between the large, pointed teeth.

This is so weird! The young cup commented. It's like I'm dreaming, but I can still move and feel the ground like I'm awake. Is this what Mugman feels every time this happens?

"Indeed." Boomed the demon inside his head. "But your brother's creature is many layers deeper. This 'dream-like' feel that you describe is likely much more intense for him. It's a wonder that they are able to collaborate the way they do. That being said, I will take their advice that you must add your input as to what we do..... even though it pains me not to make all of the decisions."

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

"Okay, so what's first?" The parasitic creature asked. "I would suggest taking the big man out of the picture."

Oh, yeah! Let's kick his ass until he begs for mercy!

The demon chuckled at the cup child's enthusiasm for beating up the ruler of Hell.

"I think you and I are going to get along just fine."

"Yes!" The Devil hissed in delight. "Now that it's two against one, the mug won't stand a chance! I can only imagine the look on his face when his brother beats him up for a third time!" He roared with laughter at the thought of Mug being pummeled by his entire family. On the other hand, it only made Cuphead mad. A growl started to gurgle in his throat as he pushed his mutated body to stand up. His humungous cup made him somewhat top heavy. The boy swayed back and forth, nearly sloshing out some liquid through his straw that was now purple and white. Fiery pupils flicked up to the Devil when he finally got his footing. The furry creature ceased his laughing and urged his slave to commence with the violence.

"Well? What are you waiting for? I told you to go beat the shit out of-!" But before he could finish his demand, Cuphead lunged forward with teeth and claws poised to strike. The cup child barreled into David, taking the walking pile of fluff off his feet. Large fangs clamped down on the first body part they came in contact with, which was a skinny arm.