|🐺|38|🐺|

Mommy???

Wei Ying

__________________________________

I pulled Lan Zhan to where Mom said Wen Qing and Wen Yuan was. We entered the room and saw Wen Qing washing a kid with wet cloth. Immediately Suibian went into defensive and protective mode. I unconsciously growled when Wen Qing touched the kid's face.

"Wei Ying?"

"What's wrong?" The pack doctor said as soon as he entered. I didn't pay them mind as my eyes was trained on Wen Qing's hand which was caressing Wen Yuan's face.

I kept growling, the hairs on the back of my neck standing up as I tried to control Suibian. I don't want to shift when there's a kid in the room especially with how big my wolf form is.

"I wouldn't dare come near him Alpha." The doctor murmured as Lan Zhan tried to come near me.

"Why?"

"This is a sign of territorial behavior. Right now his wolf is currently being possessive over the kid. It sees the kid as its own and feels the need to protect it. One wrong move can trigger him so we shouldn't stay longer in this room with him. Ms. Qing please let go of the kid and move out of the way, slowly please. We don't want to trigger him right now."

Wen Qing silently followed the doctor's words. Slowly backing away as my eyes trained on her every move. The kid stayed still probably feeling my dominating smell. He transformes into a small pup making Suibian yip happily. Without my control I transformed into my wolf form and immediately scent marked the pup who happily yip at me.

The others watched as I played with the pup. Lan Zhan decided to leave us alone so I gave him a quick look before going back to scenting the pup.

......

"A-Zhan. I came as soon as our pack doctor mind linked me. What's going on?" Mrs. Lan asked as she watched Lan Zhan who stood outside the infirmary silently watching the closed door.

"Luna. Wei Wuxian is showing territorial behavior over A-Yuan. He growled when he saw me touching him"

"Oh dear. I've only ever encountered such case like this a few times. Come let's go to the Alpha's office to talk about this."

She pulled Lan Zhan who's unwilling to go but since it's his mother, Lan Zhan couldn't refuse. Wen Qing silently followed as they headed to the Alpha's office.

The Luna didn't even bother knocking she just straight up barged inside the room where a smiling Alpha, shocked Xichen and ZhuoCheng are all staring at them.

"Dear what's going on?"

"I think you'll be a grndfather sooner than planned." the Luna said as she pushed Lan Zhan to sit infront of his Father.

"What do you mean?"

"Wei Ying is currently being possessive over a kid and won't let anyone near the kid. He's in the infirmary playing with the pup in wolf form."

"Oh dear. I always knew my son was possessive but not to this extent." Sangren butted in as she entered along with Changze.

"What should we do?"

"Nothing. This kind of behavior is pretty normal especially since the wolf itself feels a bond with another who's not his or her mate. In this case, my son sees the child as his own meaning he won't let anyone dare take the chikd away from him."

"And that's why you both should prepare yourself in being grandparents this early and when there's a war going on." Changze butted in smirking at how Lan Zhan, his son-in-law's, eyes sparkled a bit at the mere thought of having a pup with his mate even if it isn't blood related.

"I won't mind being a grandma already. I'm just worried that the pup might be a target once our enemy knew about him. He can be a great weakness to Wei Ying."

"That's where we come in. The Luna's won't be participating in the war and instead will protect the rest of the pack. I can watch over the pup when the war happens. I'll make sure to protect him from harm." Sangren said as she gave Mrs. Lan a look.

"Okay. Wangji you can go now. Xichen please double the guards patrolling the whole territory. Make sure to keep an eye on suspicious people. If caught red handed, straight to the dungeon."

......

Lan Zhan immediately went out after hearing his Father's words. He quickly went back to the infirmary but when he got there Wei Ying wasn't there anymore along with the pup.

"Alpha if you are looking for the future Luna he went back to the pack house carrying the pup. Both of them are still in wolf form but I'm guessing he went to your room with the pup."

Lan Zhan gave a nod before leaving. Quick steps brought him infront of his room. He can smell Wei Ying inside releasing calming pheromones. He then smelled the pup and heard whining and whimpering from inside.

The pup sounded distressed so Lan Zhan opened the door to find Wei Ying grooming the pup making his fur all wet with slobber. He kept nipping the pup whenever it tried moving away making the pup whimper.

"Wei Ying." At the mention of his name Wei Wuxian's head rose, red eyes bore onto his mates golden brown ones. Though he didn't transform back to his human form Lan Zhan could understand what he wanted to say with just his look.

'Lan Zhan. Can we keep the pup?'

'Mm. '

'That's a yes right? But even if you say no I'll keep this pup.'

'Yes.'

Wei Wuxian happily stood up and went to scent Lan Zhan who slightly smiled as the pup who was whining earlier followed. Smelling him and yipping after that.

He took the pup and went outside with his Wei Ying following behind still in wolf form. They went to the special place which is the cabin. Once arriving Lan Zhan let the pup down watching as he began running around smelling everything while the two watched from the side.