0016

Parties.

What Chrissa had been used to was long, drawn out elegant dances, tables full of pastries and cakes and breads, soft classical music being played by the palace orchestra, and rooms full of expensive dresses and rich smelling perfumes. The manor party was the opposite of that.

Instead, there had been hundreds of Vampires grinding onto one another to the beat of the music, laughter and loud conversations from all around, and flashing lights all around them. The music was unlike anything Chrissa had ever heard of, but she found herself liking the beat. There had been dozens of pints of blood in one corner of the main room where everyone was.

The place was similar to Kandor's manor, only smaller. The walls were tall, and in the center of the room there was a black chandelier. Tall windows fell all around them that had been stained with purples and blues, and the lights reflected over their skin and for a second it looked as if they were underwater when the blues and purples had mixed.

"Mars, this is incredible!" Chrissa shouted on top of the music, as they walked through the door. She had been holding Michael's hand, as her eyes gazed vibrantly over the entire room. There was a staircase off to the side where she saw Vampires go up and down.

"You've really never been to a party?" She marveled, as she began to dance a little. Her cherry hair had been tied into a bun, and she wore a tight-fitted black dress that, of course, showed her cleavage. Her eyeliner was a vibrant red, and her lips the same shade.

She looked at Michael, but he seemed unfazed. Chrissa shook her head, almost half laughing as Mars began to dance in a way that she wasn't used to seeing. "Never. Not a kind like this," she replied.

Chrissa wore a long, dark skirt that flowed effortlessly against the frame of her body and a separated dark corset, the one she had been wearing earlier. Her navel had been exposed slightly, and the dark waves of her hair fell gracefully against her chest. It was the first time that she'd ever dressed herself, so she tried her best to work with the clothing that Kandor provided her with in the room he'd given her. She was supposed to start training with him tomorrow, which made Chrissa slightly uneasy.

"Oh my god, Max what are you doing up there?" Shouted Mars, as it broke Chrissa from thought. When she looked up, she saw that Max had been levitating above them amongst many other Vampires. He had been balancing two cups on the tips of each of his fingers.

"Still afraid of heights?" He taunted.

Mars rolled her eyes and laughed, as she rested her hand on her hips. "Nobody's scared of anything, you just like provoking me."

There was a jokingly smug look spread across Max's face. "Yet I always win!" He shouted down at her. The red haired girl snorted, and shook her head. "I'll be the judge of that." Mars said, as she began levitating up to him.

"They are so unbecoming." Chrissa laughed, as she and Michael started walking through the crowd, "you don't think?"

They then approached a balcony of some sort. In the distance, you could see the dark forests which had been kissed by the twilight of the night. The dark haired man turned to the dark eyed girl, and gazed at her thoughtfully, "I thought they were fun." His lips twitched into a small smile. She shrugged slightly, returned the smile, and looked back at the forest.

"How're you feeling, by the way? About everything." Michael asked, as he ran his finger over the skin of her right hand.

"Disastrous," Chrissa spoke. She turned to him, "Kandor's only being nice because I have my jewel and as soon as one of his puppets come back with the book it's up to you to interpret it and I can't ever leave."