Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

Ava slept soundly that night in her hotel room. The only thing that plagued her sleep were the dreams that flitted from one man to the next. Each dream was different in every way imaginable. Her dream started off with her and Sam sitting on a plush couch in a living room of an apartment with the T.V. on and a bottle of wine on the table. Ava had her feet plopped on his legs and they talked endlessly into the night discovering each other.

Next, there was Ed. Ava was surprised at the dream that unfolded. She had to have been middle aged in the dream with a few kids running around her. Ed, dressed casually, walked into the kitchen and kissed her sweetly on the mouth and helped get the kids ready to catch the bus.

Lastly, there was Harry. Ava was only a few years older in that dream, but the two remained young spirited and traveled the world seeing endless sights and creating copious amounts of memories. The band had remained together for a little while before the boys had broken up to do their own thing and Ava stuck by Harry throughout it all. They had gotten engaged and planned to eventually settle down but wanted to have their own life first before making the decision to do anything drastic.

Ava woke with a start and looked around the room. Dani was already gone from the hotel room; Ava couldn’t have been more thankful. Gulping down dry air, she got out of bed and got straight in the shower to think about the weird dream she had just had. It all boiled down to the three different lives she could have with each of them if she made a timely decision before everything blew up in her face and they all found out about each other. Or worse: the world found out about everything.

With Sam, Ava could have a life filled with romantic nights sharing a bottle of wine and just talking endlessly. A night full of deep, meaningful conversations and life questions.

With Ed, she could have the life of a real human being after all of the fame had died down a little bit. Ed would quit touring as much, maybe even completely, and she could be a house wife while he continued to write songs and making money and having a place in the music world for as long as he could.

With Harry, Ava could have a little bit of the fun and adventurous life still. She would get to see every corner of the world and enjoy her time and decide when it would be best to settle down. Couldn’t she have that with Ed and still get that life of a house mom? But what she would gain from each of them individually, she couldn’t find all of it in just one of them.

It was then that Ava knew she had to decide who her heart wanted her to have. That was what mattered in the end. Who she would be happy to spend the rest of her life with and not who could benefit her more. The real problem was finding out what life she wanted to live in the end. What was that? Ava had never thought about it until that moment where she absolutely had to. It was at this point in her life that Ava knew she had to decide what she wanted outside of the moment she was living in. It was this decision that would shape how she lived the rest of her life and what her plans would be. She could continue to live in the moment, but it would be more geared towards an end result and less towards a temporary situation.

“Ava?” A voice called from the hotel door that was near the wall of the bathroom.

“Who is it?” Ava called back and turned off the water that had started to run cold.

“It’s Harry! I wanted to know if you’d like to come spend the day with me and the lads! Dani already said she’d love to go.” He used to hopefully make her more willing to come.

Ava smiled to herself, “I’ll be ready in a half an hour!” she called loud enough for him to hear.

“I’ll come by then to get you.”

Ava rushed to get ready in the time frame she had given herself. Her hair was left to dry as it wanted, which didn’t usually turn out as terrible as used to when she had it cut short. Her makeup was light but still complimented her features. Ava’s outfit was a pair of high waist sailor shorts, a burgundy short sleeved crop top that was looser but still showed some of her midriff, and a pair of white heeled sandals. Ava grabbed her phone that had her I.D and debit card in it then practically ran out of the door only to barrel straight into Harry.