11 | Always WICKED

"What the hell?" I whisper following behind him. "Hurry, this way. Come on." I hear another boy's voice. "Where are you going?" I quietly ask behind Thomas. "Hey, wait a second. What the hell are we doing?" Thomas finally speaks up. "Come on, we're gonna miss it." The boy says. "Miss what? What the hell are we doing?" I ask making Thomas agree. As we get to a bigger section I get between the guys and look down at what the boy is showing us. We see them roll these hospital beds with bodies covered up. "What the hell was that?" Thomas is first to speak. "They bring in new ones every night like clockwork." The boy tells us.

"What are they going to do with them?" I ask

"What are they going to do with them?" I ask. "I don't know. This is as far as I've ever gotten. The vents don't even go into that section. But once they go through that door, they don't come back out. I don't think anybody ever really leaves this place." The boy tells us then says we have to go. "Why did you tell me this?" Thomas asks. "Because maybe the others will listen to you. There's something weird going on here. And I know you think so too." He tells Thomas. "Wait. What's your name?" I stop the boy. "Aris." He crawls away. "He's right, we need to get back." I tell Thomas and he follows me back to our room.

"Hey." He grabs my arms as we both stand up in our room. "Huh?" I look up at him. "Turns out we were right. But why does he think people will listen to me?" I sigh patting his chest, "Because you're a leader Thomas, you can get people to follow you. You got all of us here." I point around the room at the other boys. "And the ones that couldn't make it here with us... they still helped get us all here." I explain to him. "Now, gets some sleep because we have to convince everyone tomorrow." I walk over to my bunk and fall asleep.

The next day we tell the guys what we saw but they don't believe us right away. Back in the cafeteria Janson called out names again and Thomas watches closely. "I wanna know what's through that door." He says aloud. "Now, we've been over this. You said they were covered up, so you don't know what you saw. It could've been anything under there." Newt tells him. "I know exactly what I saw. They were bodies." Thomas tells him.

"Aris said they bring in a new batch every night and I agree with Thomas, they were bodies." I speak up. "Who the hell is Aris?" Minho asks so we both point over at him. "Well, I'm sold." Minho says not meaning it. "Okay, until we know anything for certain we should just keep our heads down and try not to draw any attention to ourselves alright." Newt says but Thomas gets up. "You expect him to not draw attention?" I say as we watch him.